Chapter 21

Lyanna is not too happy with the new arrangements her husband made for her, but someone helps her understand why he is doing it. Jaime makes some discoveries and has some decisions to make. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

2 days later.

"You cannot be serious." Lyanna looked between her husband and good father, hoping that the latter would intervene. "I cannot perform my duties with so many men following me. Do you not think this is a bit excessive?"

"No, this is for your protection." She had never realized how stubborn Jaime was, it should not surprised her, seeing as how he was Tywin's son. Jaime shook his head. "You will have five guards with you at all times. If you decide to leave the palace then ten will accompany you."

"This is ridiculous. The other lords and ladies will not approach me with so many guards trailing after me." She almost felt the need to stump her foot, but resisted the urge. It was not very ladylike and it was something a child would do. "How am I supposed to speak about the affairs of the kingdom when I have a small army following me around?"

"You can speak to them in the small council chambers." Jaime crossed his arms over his chest. "But while you are walking around the palace five guards will be with you."

"Can you please make him see reason?" She gave Tywin a pleading look.

"This is for your protection." Tywin shrugged. "And I cannot really offer an opinion on this."

"Since when?" Lyanna's eyes narrowed as she glared at her good father. "You have an opinion about everything and have never been shy about sharing it."

"Lyanna, this is between you and I." She wanted to pout, not that it would dissuade Jaime. "Someone attempted to kill you a few days ago, you are with child and I will not put you at risk."

"But this is.." She did not even finish speaking and Jaime was already shaking his head.

"No, Lyanna. You can be angry if you wish, but I will not risk your life." Jaime's expression was resolute.

She glared at both men before walking out of Tywin's solar, five men immediately surrounding her. It almost looked like she was on her way to the black cells instead of going to the council chambers to pick up paperwork. She hated this, hated that Jaime was so worried he had assigned so many guards. She knew he had trouble sleeping at night sometimes, worried about the people who wanted to hurt her. She had finally been happy, their relationship working perfectly. She should have never gone to that building, or she should have taken more guards. Now she was stuck in a horrible nightmare which she was unable to wake up from.

Lyanna entered the small council chambers, resisting the urge to slam the doors closed. She was looking over some of the papers Tywin had left for her when someone cleared their throat. She looked up, frowning when she saw Addam Marbrand.

"Are you one of the unlucky people that have to guard me night and day?"

"I do not consider myself unlucky to be guarding you. On the contrary, I consider it a privilege." Laynna raised an eyebrow, making the knight smirk. "Jaime does not trust easily, especially when it has to do with the most precious thing in his life."

Addam's words made her feel horrible like she was a spoiled child who was unable to understand things. She let out a sigh, looking at Addam.

"I am not upset with you or with any of the other knights. I am upset with the situation." She sat down, running her hands down her face. "I feel like I have made everything worse, everyone is so worried they cannot act normal around me. Jaime is barely able to sleep as it is because he is afraid someone will try to harm me once more. I do not want him to be so stressed all the time, especially because of me."