D3 28: Lying To Evie

The next morning, Mal, Ben and Rachel met up with Belle, Beast and Fairy Godmother

The next morning, Mal, Ben and Rachel met up with Belle, Beast and Fairy Godmother. Mal and Ben stood next to each other while the adults stood from them. Rachel stood beside Ben, looking at the adults nervously. 

"I think we all know why we're here." Beast told the group and Ben looked at him, confused. “The people are in a panic about Hades,” Beast said.

“He almost got out. Who knows what would've happened if he had escaped." Fairy  Godmother asked Ben.

"We can’t risk having another villain loose.” Beast  told Ben and Mal.
“I really feel like this is my fault. I’m supposed to protect Auradon,” Mal said looking at her hands.

“You did, Mal. You do protect Auradon.” Ben said, holding Mal's hand. 

“Every time we open the barrier, we’re exposed to danger, son. Maleficent, Uma, Hades.” Beast said. 
Ben’s phone rang. “One second… hello… Maleficent’s scepter and the queen’s crown have been stolen.” 

Rachel looked shocked and surprised as Fairy Godmother gasped and looked at the king. "Uma?" King Beast asked, getting terrified. 

"We don't know that, Dad." Ben asked. 

"When the people hear this, they will never wanna leave their houses." Belle said, slightly  terrified. "What do we tell them? Mal? What do we do? How do we keep evil out of Auradon?" 

They all looked at Mal, as she slowly answers. "I think that there's only... one way to guarantee their safety. And I think that there... can't be anymore going in and out." Mal replied, slowly but feeling guilty. "I think that we have to close the barrier... forever." 

Ben and Rachel was shocked and was denying it, Ben shook his head as everyone in the room agreed. “No...no.”

"Son." Beast put out his hand.

"No." Rachel said before leaving the room with Ben. 

"Ben." Mal followed him out of the room.

“Hey, I do not want to take away your dream because it was so beautiful. And it is why I fell in love with you. But as King, and as Queen... what's our duty?” Mal said/asked, seriously. 

"To protect Auradon. But do you know what would this mean?" Ben said, then asked, holding Mal's hands. 

"All those kids? Are you prepared for that?" Rachel said, then asked, looking at Mal. 

"I know what it means... and no, I'm not prepared for it. I just think that we have no other choice." Mal said. 

"Son? Mal's right." King Beast stepped up and Queen Belle stood beside him. 

"I just don't think that we would forgive ourselves if something terrible happened." Mal said, letting go of Ben's hands. 

                      🍎☀️🍎☀️🍎☀️

“Well who else knows about the crown and scepter?” Evie asked. Mal and Rachel had come to her starter castle/design studio.

“Just you. People are scared enough as is. This would make it worse. We have to employ these entirely new security measures.” Mal said with her arms crossed.

“Will this delay us bringing over more VKs?” Evie asked. 

“We’re talking about closing the barrier forever.” Mal said, with a emotionless face. 

“But you said no,” Evie said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. “I mean, the four of us are here living our dreams and we finally get to share that. What could be more important than that?” 

“Yeah. I know. But security, maybe peace of mind in Auradon…” Rachel says, as Mal and Rachel sat down on a stool. 

"Is that what they're thinking? And were they seriously thinking that no one will ever go in or out of the Isle ever again? What, we never get to go back and see our parents? And what about these kids? We promised them that they could go back and visit whenever they wanted." Evie said. 

"Yeah, I know." Rachel said. 

"M. I am so glad that you are going to be Queen. You will be a part of these conversations, you will stand up for the V.K.s including you,  Rae. Thank you for telling me. You're gonna be a great Queen." Evie said, before giving Mal and Rachel a hug. But that couldn't make Rachel feel anymore guilty and even spreads a tear down her cheek.