D2 15: Dress Fitting

Rachel and Evie rushed to Mal and pulled her away from Ben almost kissing her. "If we don't do a fitting for your gown right this minute, you'll be dancing in your bathrobe, okay?" Evie told Mal before before looking at Ben. "Hi." She looked back at Mal. "Let's go. Let's go."

🍎☀️🍎☀️

M

al stood up on the box and Evie and Rachel were measuring Mal in her cotillion dress.

"Ugh!" Mal exclaimed as Evie pulled her shoulders back and Rachel zipped her blue and golden yellow dress during Mal's dress fitting. "Oh!" Mal groaned as Rachel zipped her blue and golden yellow dress closed. "Okay, Rach, I cannot breathe."

"Well." Rachel said with a smile as she pushed Mal's arm up. "You can breathe after Cotillion."

"Well, I sincerely doubt that." Mal said as she let her arms drop. "I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is." She continued as Evie admired the dress she created. Rachel put her arm around her girlfriend's shoulder.

"Impeccable." Evie muttered.

Mal glanced at her purple leather jacket that hung up on the coat rack. "Evie?"

"Hm?" Evie said.

"Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?" Mal asked Evie as Rachel measured Mal's waist.

Evie let out a laugh as she looked up at Mal. "That's funny." Evie said right before music played from the TV. "Ah! Look who's on TV." Evie said with a smile as Rachel and herself pulled Mal down from the stand.

"As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom," the reporter said as Mal sat down on her bed, "they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine." On the TV, Mal spat her food into a napkin napn no one was looking.

"Yeah." The real Mal and with a scoff.

"Six months ago... No one thought King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last." The reporter continued.

"Yeah. No kidding." Mal said sadly before looking down at her nails.

"Mal must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion." The reporter said and Mal's head shot up at the reminder. With a gasp, Mal ran around the side of her bed and pulled out her spellbook. "When she will officially become a Lady of the Court."

Mal started flipping through her spellbook until she got to the page she needed. "Read it fast at lightning speed. Remember everything I need." Mal reads before closing her spellbook and opening the book she needed to read before the Cotillion.

"I know Mal's secret to fitting in." Evie said as she walked over to Mal who had started to read the book quickly. "Ben wouldn't like it one bit. Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already?"

"Evie, you remember what I was like before I started using my spell book. I mean, I was a complete disaster." Mal told Evie before going back to reading.

"Well, personally, as your best friend, I strongly believe that this spell book. It belongs in the museum, along with my mirror." Evie said as she took the spellbook from Mal's lap. "Ah!" Mal glared at Evie with a pout. "Don't give me the face. Put the pout away. Mm-hmm. You know I'm right." Evie finished.

Mal sighed as she looked out the window. "You don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?" She asked.

"Like stealing and lying and fighting?" Evie asked Mal.

"Yeah." Mal replied with a smile.

"No!" Evie exclaimed.

"What?"

"Why would we?" Evie asked Mal. "M, come here." Evie said as she pulled Mal up from the bed. "Look at where we are. We're in Auradon! And we're Auradon girls now." Evie continued as they stood in front of the TV.

"Since Mal revealed her love of strawberries, she has received hundreds of cartons from her admirers." The reporter said and Evie squealed as she hugged Mal.

"See, this is the land of opportunity. We can be whatever we want to be here." Evie told Mal. "So, please,
let's just leave the past in the past, okay?" Evie continued. "Besides, I mean, if we haven't came here, I wouldn't have met my girlfriend." When Evie mentioned her, she turned to her, who had a smile on her face. That made Rachel to give her girlfriend a peck on her lips.

"But also, look at these shoes. Look at them." Evie exclaimed as she picked up a pair of blue and gold heels.

"Severe." Mal said with a fake smile.

Word Count: 784