14

"Aw c'mon, could we at least get coffee together?"

You stared at the man with a blank face.
"No,"

"But-"

You shut the door and went to your children who were calling for you.

"Daaaad! Power won't flush the toilet!"
Denji whined with Pochita in his arms.

You looked over to see Power sitting next to the bathroom door, her arms crossed with a pout.

"Power, why aren't you flushing the toilet?"

"I don't wanna!"
She exclaimed without looking at you.

You'd never heard of a child not wanting to flush the toilet before, so you didn't really know how to handle something like this.

"Hm, I guess you aren't ready to conquer the world then,"
You said disappointedly.

She turned back to you with confused eyes,
"Huh? Why not?!"

You shrugged,
"All the greatest world leaders flush their toilets once they've finished,"

Without missing a beat, the girl stood up and flushed the toilet, walking out of the bathroom like she'd defeated a monster.

"Good job Power! You're one step closer to world domination! And you'd be even closer if you washed your hands. You want me to help you?"

"You may!"

You figured that by playing into her weird energy, you'd be able to steer it into a more positive path. This way, you wouldn't be stifling her while also being able to make it so she'd be able to fit into society in her own special way.

Feeling satisfied with what you'd done, you went over to the couch and sat down, turning the TV on to the local news channel.

"The opening of the new bakery has excited a few members of the community, and they're also giving out free pastries to promote their opening,"

You immediately shut off the TV and stood up, calling over the children.

"Who wants pastries?"

Denji and Power immediately erupted with excitement when hearing this, while Aki was a bit better at hiding his emotions, only smiling.

It was a chilly fall Saturday afternoon, so you made sure to dress up the kids accordingly, putting them in sweaters, and layering coats over those sweaters as well.

"There, does everyone feel nice and cozy?"

They all smiled happily, just wanting to get their sweet treats already.

"Okay the everybody, let's go!"

You held onto Aki's and Denji's hands, while Power just held onto Denji's. Somehow while you weren't paying attention, the two children had already became close friends.

Eventually the three of you made it to the bakery, getting your free pastries fresh out of the oven. You made sure the children were patient with letting them cool down, not wanting any of their tongues to burn.