CHAPTER 3 - What is Love?

Start from the beginning

Snapping out of my thoughts, I muttered, "Yeah! I'm okay, no thanks."

She nodded and casually looked at her phone. "Oh my god! It's gonna be two o clock!!!"

It's been nearly an hour? Time flies...,

Shifting slightly, I asked with hesitation, "You wanna sleep?"

Please say no...

"No! I slept soundly in the afternoon. That's why I am not sleepy now, otherwise I am a sleepyhead." She chuckled at herself.

Laughing, I responded with relief, "Even I'm not sleepy. Thank god, I have someone to talk to."

Honestly, I wouldn't mind even if she does not speak. I will pass the time, seeing her itself.

Lending me a smile, she spoke, "Alright! You don't want to talk about marriage. So..." 

"So?" I queried.

She wiggled her brows with a smile playing on her lips. "So... Can we talk about Love?"

"Love?"

"Yup! What's love, according to you?" she asked, grabbing a watter bottle.

Pondering for sometime, I replied, "It's an unexplainable feeling that sparks between two beautiful souls."

"What do you mean by beautiful? All deserve love right? I didn't expect this from you," she voiced out, disappointed.

I quickly butted in, "Hey! I didn't mean that. By saying beautiful, I mean the beauty of one's heart. If one's heart isn't pure, then that person will never understand the concept of true love."

Her expressions changed slowly, and a beautiful smile blossomed on her lips.

"You play great with words." I chuckled at her compliment and she continued,

"According to me, love is an intimate emotional bond between two souls that's tied with threads of respect, trust and devotion." 

I was impressed by her elucidation. 

My thoughts broke with her voice, "So, by the way have you fallen in love?"

Raising one of my brows, I said "No! Why?"

"You seem to have experienced love. That's why!" She said.

 I chuckled. "You know? Singles give much better advices than couples."

She giggled and muttered, "True though!"

"Tea! Vada! Tea! Vada! Samosa!" Our conversation was interrupted by the voice of a Tea seller. Fresh tea and Vada aroma filled my nostrils.

Seeing the tea seller, Priya asked me, "Karthi, what do you want?"

"Tea is enough," I said. 

Nodding, she looked at the tea seller, "Anna, rendu tea appro oru vada."

(Brother, I would like to have two tea and one vada.)

He nodded and smiling, he handed us two tea glasses and a vada wrapped with newspaper.

Before Priya could take her purse, I paid and thanked him quickly. He stuffed the money in his pocket and left.

I looked back at Priya who seemed to be displeased with my action. 

"I could have paid!" she told and I said, "That's okay! It's my treat."

She shook her head and I chuckled.

Sipping the tea, I glanced at her. Her lips pouted, blowing off the hot vapours emerging from the tea glass. 

That was the first time, I am seeing a girl for more than a minute. I sighed...

Finishing up the tea, I kept the glass at a tray nearby from where the tea sellers would collect the cups back when they come back.

Eventually, she too drank the tea and now disassembled the vada into two. I looked at her with curiosity.

Why did she do that?

Maybe to cool down the hotness?

Before I could ponder further, she gave the half piece to me. I raised one of my brows, and she said, "Here! Have it."

I shook my head indicating that I didn't wanna have but Priya being Priya, stuffed the vada into my mouth.

Helpless, I chewed on it and the taste exploded in my mouth. It's been awhile since I had vada.

Seeing me enjoy the taste, Priya smirked. "Idhuku dhana ivlo scene nu?"

(For this only, you were over acting? Huh!)

Being embarrassed, I mumbled, "I like vada, okay? It's just that I didn't wanna have it at this time."

She smiled mischievously, "Okay! Okay!"

Arrghh!!! This woman....