Chapter 28: Attack on Soo-Hyun

Later that night, the phone's shrill ring cut through the stillness, startling Ga-On. He quickly answered, and Soo-hyun's voice, quivering with fear, spilled through the line.

"Ga-On, it's Ki-hyun," she began, her words rushed. "He's gone, and there's... there's something terrible inside the house. Signs of a struggle."

Panic seized Ga-On's chest, and he stammered, "Soo-hyun, get out of there now! Don't stay in that house; it's not safe!"

Before she could reply, an eerie silence engulfed the call, and Ga-On's heart pounded in his chest. He called out to her desperately, "Soo-hyun? Soo-hyun!"

Unknown to him, right at that moment, someone had approached Soo-hyun from behind and struck her on the head, plunging her into darkness and leaving Ga-On with a sense of dread and helplessness.

Ga-On rushed to the hospital, his heart still racing from the fear and worry he had felt when he lost contact with Soo-hyun. She tried to play down the severity of the situation, but the nurse's words didn't ease Ga-On's anxiety. They emphasized that the incident could have been far more serious.

Ga-On stood beside Soo-hyun's hospital bed, his worry still etched across his face. Soo-hyun tried to downplay the situation, but the nurse's words had left a lingering sense of unease.

"I was scared, Ga-On. Scared I might never get to see you again."

Ga-On's heart ached with guilt as he responded, "I'm so sorry, Soo-hyun

Ga-On's heart ached with guilt as he responded, "I'm so sorry, Soo-hyun. I should have been there to protect you."

However, the atmosphere grew tense when Soo-hyun noticed the necklace around Ga-On's neck—a pendant that she had previously seen on Yo-Han's wrist.

"That's the same necklace I saw on Yo-Han's wrist," she pointed out, her voice tinged with curiosity.

Ga-On shifted uncomfortably under Soo-hyun's gaze, torn between his desire to protect her and the complexities of the truth. He sighed deeply and finally decided to open up, though it came with a sense of hesitation.

"Soo-hyun," he began, "that necklace... It's a complicated story. It's tied to Yo-Han, and our relationship is... It's not easy to explain. But please, trust me when I say that I'm doing everything I can to keep you safe."

Soo-Hyun's anger and frustration grew, her emotions boiling over, "Ga-On, just leave!"

The nurse, sensing the tension in the room and understanding the need for Soo-Hyun to rest, gently intervened. She turned to Ga-On and said, "It might be best to give the patient some space and allow her to rest for now."

Ga-On's anger erupted as he stormed into the mansion and without warning, delivered a punch to Yo-han's face. Yo-han grabbed Ga-On's collar and was ready to punch but stopped and Instead, he forcefully pushed Ga-on over a desk and plunged scissors into it beside Ga-on's head.

Ga-on's anger simmered, momentarily overshadowed by the realization that Yo-han had chosen restraint over violence. "Why did you hurt her? You're always hiding something, Yo-Han! You can't be trusted."