Chapter 32: Soo-Hyun or Yo-Han?

Arriving at Ga-On's house, Soo-Hyun was filled with a mixture of anticipation and anxiety. She climbed the staircase leading to the terrace, the distant sound of laughter and clinking glasses growing louder with each step.

When she pushed open the terrace door, her heart plummeted into her stomach. There, under the soft glow of string lights, Ga-On and Yo-Han were seated close together at a small table, laughing and sharing stories over beers. But it was what happened next that left Soo-Hyun stunned.

Ga-On leaned in and kissed Yo-Han tenderly, his hand cradling Yo-Han's cheek as if they were the only two people in the world. Time seemed to slow as Soo-Hyun watched in disbelief, her world unraveling before her eyes.

Her voice trembled as she stammered, "Ga-On... what is this?"

"I should leave. I am downstairs if you need me." Yo-Han excused himself from the scene, leaving the two friends to talk.

For a moment, there was silence, broken only by the faint sound of the city in the distance. Soo-Hyun's voice quivered as she spoke, her tone filled with sorrow and confusion. "Ga-On, how could you? You were the closest friend I had, and now..."

Ga-On finally raised his eyes to meet hers, and they were filled with remorse. "Soo-Hyun, I know I've hurt you deeply, and I can't apologize enough for what I've done. But you have to understand, it's not as simple as it seems."

Soo-Hyun's voice trembled as she demanded answers. "Then explain it to me, Ga-On. What has been happening between you and Yo-Han? Why did you betray me like this?"

Ga-On hesitated, struggling to find the right words to convey the tangled mess of emotions he had been dealing with. "Soo-Hyun, I never meant for any of this to happen. My feelings for Yo-Han, they're complicated. I never wanted to hurt you, but I couldn't deny what I felt."

"That doesn't excuse what you did, Ga-On. We were supposed to be friends, to trust each other."

"I know, Soo-Hyun. And I'll always regret the pain I've caused you. But please believe me when I say that I'm truly sorry."