Chapter 2: Unraveling Enigma

Ga-on walked into his office, but to his surprise, he found another associate Judge Oh Jin-Joo  already there.

"Hey there, you must be Ga-on, right?" Jin-Joo greeted with a friendly smile.

"Yeah, that's me," Ga-on replied, a bit taken aback.

Jin-Joo chuckled. "Don't worry, I'm not some office ninja. Just got here early to make a good impression."

Ga-on chuckled in response. "Well, I appreciate the dedication. So, you're new to Seoul?"

Jin-Joo nodded, her excitement palpable. "Yeah, came here from a small town. This is my first gig in the big city."

"That's quite the jump," Ga-on commented. "And all-nighters? That's some serious commitment."

Jin-Joo shrugged. "Got to do what it takes, right? I'm determined to show them what I've got."

Ga-on nodded in agreement. "Well, I'm looking forward to working with you then."

Jin-Joo's eyes lit up. "Likewise! Oh, by the way, they told me they picked us for the live show because of our charm."

Ga-on raised an eyebrow. "Charm, huh? That's a new one."

Jin-Joo laughed. "Apparently, people tend to believe charming folks more. And between you and me, I think they might be onto something."

Ga-on chuckled. "I'll take your word for it."

Jin-Joo then pulled out a photo and proudly showed it to Ga-on. "And speaking of charm, look who I'm a massive fan of."

Ga-on squinted at the photo. "Yo Han? You're a fan?"

Jin-Joo grinned. "Absolutely! The man's got style and substance."

Ga-on shook his head, amused. "Well, that's unexpected."

As they shared a laugh, it was clear that Ga-on and Jin-Joo's initial encounter was off to a friendly and intriguing start, setting the tone for their upcoming adventure on the legal show.

In the afternoon Ga-on stepped outside, the fresh air a welcome change. As he glanced around, something caught his attention - a school bus hurtling toward the building, way too fast for safety. The guards nearby snapped into action, their hands on their weapons, tension in their stance.

Amid the chaos, a woman emerged, swiftly guiding a cluster of kids across the road. Her voice rang out, commanding the children to run, a note of urgency in her tone. But in the commotion, one child stumbled, and Ga-on's heart leaped into his throat.

Without a second thought, Ga-on sprinted towards the fallen child, his instincts taking over. He crouched in front of her, his arms instinctively wrapping around her, shielding her small form with his own. The world seemed to slow as he held his breath, bracing for the impending impact of the speeding bus.

In the midst of the tense moment, a sharp gunshot pierced the air, causing Ga-on to instinctively look up

In the midst of the tense moment, a sharp gunshot pierced the air, causing Ga-on to instinctively look up. To his surprise, it was Yo Han, the enigmatic figure, who had fired at the speeding bus. The glass of the windshield shattered as Yo Han took another shot, causing the bus to veer and eventually tip over, narrowly missing Ga-on and the child.

With the immediate danger averted, Yo Han calmly handed the gun back to one of the guards, his voice laced with an intriguing blend of sternness and inquiry. "Why carry a gun if you're not willing to use it?"

As if fate was playing a dramatic hand, the bus suddenly caught fire, thick smoke spiraling into the air. The situation had taken yet another unexpected turn.

Amidst the chaos, Yo Han's gaze remained unwavering. His attention shifted to Ga-on, who, without hesitation, rushed towards the fiery bus. The flames danced dangerously as Ga-on plunged into the smoke, driven by his determination to save the trapped driver. The intensity of the moment heightened as they emerged just in the nick of time, the explosion ripping through the air behind them.

The force of the explosion sent everyone ducking for cover, except for Yo Han, who stood resolute, seemingly unaffected by the fiery spectacle before him. As the shockwaves settled and the echoes of the explosion faded, Yo Han turned away from the scene. His eyes locked onto Ga-on, who was checking on the driver's well-being.

As Ga-on observed the aftermath of the explosive bus incident, his gaze lingered on Yo Han, who was walking away from the scene. A perplexed furrow creased Ga-on's brow as he tried to decipher the enigmatic man's actions. The atmosphere was charged with questions, a silent wonderment filling Ga-on's thoughts.

"What's going on with Yo Han?" Ga-on mused to himself, his eyes tracking Yo Han's retreating figure. The moment hung in the air, an unspoken curiosity pulling at Ga-on's intuition. It was a snapshot of a larger narrative, a puzzle piece that didn't quite fit yet, but held the promise of revealing more about the complex character that was Kang Yo Han.

To be continued....