(𝐒𝟐) 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕 - 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐤

Kang Soojin's POV:

I walked away from Hee-Kyung and the CEO. I then walked down the hallway to my room shut my door and sighed.

Sensing his presence, I looked up to see Han Seojun with an anxious expression on his face. "I guess they showed you the article?" He asked.

I nodded before breaking down in front of him, crying. "We should have never taken such a risk," I told him, my voice hoarse from weeping.

Aware I needed comfort, he hugged me and rubbed my back. "Best not to look back at the past right now. Let's focus on the future instead. What do you want to do now?" He said gently, trying to coax an answer out of me.

"I want us both to quit and go back to how it was before we became K-pop Idols," I confessed. 

Suddenly, Han Seojun pulled away. "Soojin, I can't do that." He told me.

"What? Why-" I broke off in realization. 

His career had only started, and he still needed to earn more money to provide for his Mom and sister. It was selfish of me to convince him to quit. 

I nodded, having understood his decision. "I understand why you can't leave the agency. So I guess this is goodbye. I wish you the best of luck for your career, Han Seojun." I said to him, my eyes glistening with tears. 

"You too Soojin. Take care." He replied, failing to hide his disappointment for me being unable to stay longer. 

I took one final glance at him before picking up my bags and opening the door. Feeling my heart had shattered into a million pieces, I broke into a run.

At Soojin and her Mom's apartment...

Kang Soojin's POV:

I rang the doorbell, the familiar chime ringing in my ears as I pressed the button. I could hear my mother's footsteps as she rushed to open the door. 

Once she had opened the door, she looked astonished to see me with my bags. "Kang Soojin, what are you doing here? Why aren't you at the agency?" She asked, worried.

I took a deep breath. "Mom, I've quit," I confessed.

Sensing I was upset, she invited me inside and offered me a drink. I sat down at the pristine dining table as she placed a mug of tea in my hands. 

I drank it and felt the sweet liquid instantly warm up my hoarse throat. Having finished making herself her own cup of tea, my Mom sat next to me holding her mug and looking deeply concerned.

"So tell me, what happened?" She asked. 

I sighed and began telling her everything that had happened. To my surprise, she listened with no reaction and no interruptions. Once I had finished talking she then spoke. 

"I should've researched the K-pop industry before agreeing for you to train and work in that industry. I'm sorry that happened to you, Soojin. At least you're home now." She replied, her words sympathetic yet somewhat comforting. 

I wrapped my hands around my cup and stared into my cup, worried that if I made eye contact with her I'd start weeping yet again.

"If you don't mind Mom, I'd like to excuse myself. It's been a long day for me." I told her.

My Mom nodded. "Of course, get plenty of rest. I'll make you some soup later on." She said as I made my way upstairs to my room.

In Soojin's Room...

As soon as I entered my room, I pulled back the covers of my bed and laid down. I then covered myself with the duvet, comforted by the soft yet familiar feel. I then turned to my pillow and began to cry.

𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕