𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗 - 𝐃𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 (𝐒𝟏 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐞)

I walked across the pavement hand in hand with Seojun. Around his neck, hung the cross necklace I gave him. I smiled, sometimes I need to pinch myself to remind myself this isn't a dream. This is reality. 

We got to the front of Jugeong's house. As I reached out to knock on the door, I noticed Han Seojun in the corner of my eye fidgeting anxiously. I turned over to him. "Han Seojun, are you alright?" I asked genuinely concerned. 

Han Seojun bit his lip. "This is the first time I'll be seeing Lim Jugeong since we graduated from Saebom High." He admitted nervously. I reached out and squeezed his hand. "Don't worry, I'm sure she and Suho will be delighted to see you again," I reassured him. 

He beamed in relief. "Thank you for the reassurance, Soojin. How did I ever get so lucky to get you as my girlfriend?" He teased. I chuckled and kissed him on the cheek before knocking on the door. 

Before we knew it, there was Jugeong and Suho wearing matching jackets looking pleased to see us. "Soojin! Han Seojun!" Jugeong exclaimed. "It's been so long Seojun, how have you been?" She asked. Han Seojun smiled at his former crush. "I've been doing great, has Suho been taking good care of you?" He asked, relaxed in her presence.  

"Of course, I am her boyfriend after all," said Suho chuckling as Jugeong looked up at him in adoration. "Congrats on you and Soojin's getting together by the way." He smiled at me and Seojun. 

"Soojin! You need to tell us how the confession went once we get some tteokbokki place!" Jugeong exclaimed linking arms with me. "Okay, Okay, I promise!" I said with a smile. 

At the Tteokbokki place...

I sat opposite Lim Jugeong and Suho next to Han Seojun. "Ah! I'm so excited to eat some tteokbokki, I've been craving it so much!" The Lim girl admitted. 

"I swear you're such a foodie, Jugeong." chuckled Suho. She rolled her eyes playfully at him as he put one arm around her. She turned towards me eyes shining. "Okay! So spill. Describe the confession to me in detail, don't leave anything out!" She demanded. 

I gave Seojun next to me a knowing glance. "Okay, so we just finished having jjajangmyeon and then it started raining," I said as the waiter arrived with steaming bowls of tteokbokki. "Woah, this is already starting to sound as if it came out of a KDrama!" Jugeong commented.

Han Seojun snorted. "It wasn't no light rain, it was a whole downpour! We were both drenched, especially this one." He remarked glancing at me with a cheeky smile. 

I slapped him playfully on the arm. "Anyways! So we managed to find shelter and I admitted to him I had something to tell him." I continued on with the story. 

The three listened eagerly in between mouthfuls of tteokbokki until Seojun suddenly spluttered quickly covering his mouth with a paper napkin. We all turned towards him in concern. "Han Seojun, are you alright?" questioned Suho concerned for his friend. 

Jugeong laughed. "I forgot Seojun can't handle spicy tteokbokki. Why didn't you remind us Han Seojun? We could've gone to the fried chicken shop a few blocks from here." She queried. 

Wincing as he swallowed the tteokbokki, he replied: "You and Soojin really like tteokbokki and I didn't want to spoil it. Besides I'm a man, if I can handle a few ghosts and survive a crash on my motorcycle surely I can handle some tteokbokki." He remarked.

I bursted into laughter along with Jugeong and Lee Suho. "Do I need to mention to Suho and Jugeong how you screamed like a high school girl and fell on top of me when you saw that ghost?" I questioned in amusement. 

"I did not!" Han Seojun exclaimed scratching his head in embarrassment. Seeing him embarrassed, Jugeong chuckled. "Don't worry Seojun, Suho here is no different." She admitted as she nudged Suho who looked surprised at her remark.

"When I went over to his house to watch a horror movie, a jumpscare came on and he jumped and grabbed my hand." She remarked laughing at the memory while me and Seojun tittered with amusement.

Embarrassed, Suho changed the subject. "So, Soojin. You never ended up finishing the story about your confession. What happened once you found shelter?" He queried. "Well... I confessed to Seojun I liked him since he asked me out for jjajangmyeon that night at the coffee shop." I admitted, smiling at Seojun remembering it. 

"And, she gave me this necklace." He finished my sentence and held up the cross pendant necklace that hung around his throat. 

"Awww! That is so cute." The Lim girl exclaimed. "But, wait. What happened after that? Did you guys... kiss?" She asked raising her eyebrows.

I could feel a blush creeping up my cheeks as Han Seojun squeezed my hand and avoided eye contact. Seeing the reaction to her question Jugeong squealed: "Oh my god! You guys did!" 

Relieved that the subject was no longer on him, Suho smiled in amusement. 

A few hours later.

"Woah! That has to be the best tteokbokki I've ever tasted!" confessed Jugeong linking arms with Suho. I smiled at her comment. "I have to agree the tteokbokki tasted amazing," I responded. 

As we walked away from the tteokbokki place, we came across a shop painted in pastel colors. "Ooh... a photobooth!" I exclaimed as I read the sign. 

"We haven't taken photos in a photo booth since I started at Saebom High! Let's go take some! It'll be a nice way to remember our double date," suggested Jugeong. 

Before the boys knew it, we dragged them into the photo booth. "Say cheese!" said Jugeong as the boys appeared bewildered. In a flash, the photo strips were printed with our smiling faces. 

"These turned out so cute!" commented Jugeong as Suho put his arm around her. "I agree, what better way to remember this day." agreed Suho. 

Me and Seojun nodded in agreement. I could imagine looking back at the photo strips in the future, remembering all the fun we had today. 

An unforgettable memory. 

Author's Note: Thank you, guys, so much for reading and supporting Enemies Alike! I had so much writing in every single chapter. When I first came onto Wattpad to write this spin-off I didn't expect so many people to read it, I mainly started writing because I had so many ideas for stories and I wanted to get over my second-lead syndrome. The fact this story at the moment has gotten so much support lately despite being my first story is surreal!

I thought about it a lot, and I want to continue extending the story with a season 2! So for those of you who liked season 1, stay tuned for season 2!