(𝐒𝟐) 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 - 𝐅𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐨𝐰

Han Seojun's POV:

Hearing of how we'd managed to get replacements at the coffee shop so quickly and we were due to start training at the entertainment agency tomorrow from his girlfriend, Suho messaged me offering to drop me and Soojin off at Move Entertainment.

And that's how I ended up in the backseat of his car, my girlfriend resting her head on my shoulder during the ride. Suddenly, she jerked away as if remembering something.

I turned to her. "Are you okay?" I asked her.

She groaned. "We forgot to call Hee-Kyung before we got into the car. I hope she doesn't jump to conclusions and call off the offer." She told me.

"Don't worry, I'll call her right now," I reassured my girlfriend, putting one hand on hers while I pulled out my phone and rang Hee-Kyung in the other.

"Hello? This is Move Entertainment. Hee-Kyung speaking." said Hee-Kyung on the phone.

"Hello Hee Kyung, I'm just calling to ask whether the offer is still up. Me and Soojin are on our way to the agency right now." I explained to Jugeong's sister.

"Ah, Han Seojun! Nice of you to finally call, You know I thought you guys had made up your mind and declined the offer," replied Hee-Kyung in relief.

"Sorry about that, Me and Soojin had to take care of a few things before making the final decision." I apologized to her.

"No worries! I'm looking forward to seeing you two. See you at the agency!" said Hee-Kyung before hanging up the phone.

I faced Soojin who looked relieved. "Feeling better now?" I asked. She smiled. "Yeah, thanks for doing that for me." She thanked me.

"Of course, anything for you," I replied, leaning towards her and kissing her forehead.

"Calm down lovebirds, we're here now." teased Suho as he pulled us over in front of the agency's building.

"Thanks, Suho, I owe you one," I told him, patting him on the back.

"No problem didn't want a repeat of the last time you got into an accident here." He joked.

"Oh! I remember that. You guys bonded during that incident and became inseparable, half of the school thought you two had a bromance." Soojin teased.

I shook my head and chuckled. "We better head inside, don't want to keep Hee-Kyung waiting," I told Soojin and ushered her inside.

The agency looked as just I remember. The floors were gleaming and adverts of the entertainment's idols played everywhere on screens. Seeing us just coming through the doors, Hee-Kyung approached us, her hair cut into a bob.

"Han Seojun, Kang Soojin! Welcome!" She greeted us, taking turns to shake our hands.

"Come this way, the CEO and the rest of the staff would like to see you." She told us, leading us to the elevator.

We rose up a few floors until we finally stopped at the 5th floor and Hee-Kyung escorted us into a spacious room with a group of people conversing.

The group turned to us, taking in what we were wearing and giving us a warm smile. "Ah, so this is the famous Han Seojun and Kang Soojin!" said a man with dark wavy hair who approached us with a beam.

"Han Seojun, Kang Soojin, this is the CEO of Move Entertainment Ha-Joon." Hee-Kyung introduced.

We both nodded. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Joon," I told him, holding my hand out for him to shake.

Taking my hand, he shook it. "Nice to meet you too, Han Seojun," he replied before also shaking Soojin's hand.

"I've watched your auditions at the booth. You two have some potential I must say." He complimented us.

"Thank you, Sir." We said in unison. He smiled before continuing to speak: "I've thought about it for quite some time, and I'd like you two to be additions to my newest groups I'm planning to debut."

"They are called the Starboys and Queencard. Each group consists of 3 members so far. I hope you'll get along with them immensely." He continued.

Hee-Kyung pointed to a door to the right of the room. "That door leads to a hallway. Go along the hallway and you'll reach the boys and girls dorms. You will not be allowed to visit each other under any circumstances." Hee-Kyung told us.

I bit my lip, starting to regret accepting the offer. I looked over to Soojin who also had a look of regret on her face. Noticing our expressions, the CEO spoke up.

"I am aware you both are dating. As both of you know, idols are not allowed to date. It does not go well with fans as they prefer idols to be unattached. I hope you two will ended things to not make this difficult." He said to us.

My blood boiled. End things? Just when I finally ended up with someone who loved me back he just wants us to break up? Furious, I was about to walk up to the CEO and give him a piece of my mind until Soojin grabbed my wrist.

"Don't. You need the money Han Seojun, Remember why you're doing this." She whispered in my ear, afraid of me doing the wrong thing.

I thought of the times when my Mom had struggled with the bills. My sister despite having the grades couldn't afford to go to college because of how expensive it was, sobbing into her pillow.

Using every bone in my entire body, I restrained myself from doing anything troublesome. I bowed in front of Mr. Joon. "I understand Sir, I will head to the dorms now. I thank you both for this opportunity." I thanked them politely before heading towards the door, while Soojin followed after me.

Shutting the door behind us, I turned to Soojin eyes glistening with tears. "Are you sure we can't make this work?" I asked her.

Hearing my words, tears streamed down her cheeks. "I don't think there's any other way Han Seojun." She replied.

For the last time, I kissed her on the forehead. "This is very hard for me to do but, you're unfortunately right. I love you Soojin, and I wish you all the best for your career." I told her before walking away towards the boy dorms.

I could hear her weeping as I walked away. "I'm sorry Soojin, I wish there was another way," I murmured while tears slid down my face.

𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖