(𝐒𝟏) 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖 - 𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

The phone rang. It was a continuous cycle. I fidgeted with the small jewelry box in my hand containing the cross pendant necklace. "Hello?" said Han Seojun. 

I gulped. "Hi, Han Seojun it's me Soojin. I'm really sorry for running off a few days ago. I don't know what got into me. Are you still up for having jjajangmyeon?" I inquired nervously.

He chuckled. "Of course, I'd love to. See you in half an hour?" he questioned. I smiled. "Yeah, see you in half an hour," I said and hung up. 

I took a sigh of relief. "That wasn't so bad, now what do I wear?" I thought to myself. I dusted down what I was wearing. A baby blue sweater with a beige skirt and black mary jane shoes paired with a pair of socks. I did a twirl and looked at myself in the mirror. 

"This looks decent, I think I'll just wear this." I thought to myself. Grabbing my jacket off the coat hanger and carefully placing the small jewelry box inside, I made my way out of the apartment.

At the jjajangmyeon place, he stood waiting hands in his pocket. Hearing the tip tap of my mary janes, he turned around and beamed. I nodded at him and we went inside to get a table. 

Sitting opposite each other, we both shuffled in our seats nervously. "So, where did you run off to on that day?" Han Seojun inquired out of curiosity. 

"Uhm... to run errands! My mom needs me to pick something up from the grocery store." I answered fidgeting nervously. 

Seeing me fidgeting with my hands, Han Seojun reached out with one hand and put it on top of both of mine. The feeling of his hands on mine sent electricity through me. I felt myself flushing bright red and both hands flew to my face in an attempt to hide. 

"You alright?" Han Seojun inquired in concern just as bowls of jjajangmyeon were served to our table. Picking up some chopsticks, I mixed my bowl of noodles. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just fine." I said chuckling nervously. 

A few hours later

I dabbed my face with a napkin while walking with the Han boy. I could feel his eyes staring at me and I could feel a blush creeping onto my cheeks. 

"That jjajangmyeon was delicious, wasn't it Soojin?" He asked, smiling. I smiled back, putting the napkin back in my pocket. "Yeah, it was. We... should go there again sometime." I answered. 

We continued walking in silence, comfortable in each other's company. Until a sudden downpour appeared. Han Seojun suddenly grabbed my hand and we dashed to the nearest bus stop. 

As soon as we reached the bus stop, he ruffled my hair and chuckled. "You look like a drenched puppy." He teased. I rolled my eyes playfully. "Haha, very funny," I responded. 

The atmosphere suddenly was hushed and all we could hear was the constant pitter-patter of the downpour. "This is it,  you need to tell him to go on." My thoughts urged me. I bit my lip and took a deep breath. 

"Han Seojun? There's something I'd like to confess." I said to him. The Han boy looked at me eyes twinkling. "Yes, Soojin?" He responded, gently holding my hands in his. I blushed furiously, suddenly nervous. 

I took another deep breath and blurted out: "I like you Han Seojun. A lot. I've known for a while since you asked me out that one night at the coffee shop. I can't stop thinking about you throughout the night and day and I feel as if there's no one I'd rather be stuck in this downpour with than you. Will you be my boyfriend?"

I reached out for the jewelry box in my jacket, still warm and dry from sitting in my jacket, and placed it in his hands. "This is for you," I said. 

Opening the box to reveal a shining cross necklace, his eyes misted over them. He looked up from the jewelry box and hugged me. "I like you too, Soojin. I'm so happy, after Jugeong I wasn't sure when I'd ever fall in love again. But I'm glad out of everyone I could've fallen in love with I fell in love with you. Yes, I'll be your boyfriend." He exclaimed through tears of happiness. 

Before I knew it, he had lifted my chin and kissed me. The rain kept pouring down, but I didn't care. Han Seojun had accepted my feelings, he was officially my boyfriend. 

𝐄𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖