My Cursed Fate. 20.

You know what's worse than dying? Just pathetically waiting to die

You know what's worse than dying? Just pathetically waiting to die. That's what I was doing as we spoke, hanging from the ceiling encaged in ropes, tighter than your average knot.

They dug deeply into my already bruised, fragile skin. I winced as they started to cut off my circulation of blood flow. But it was no use, they wanted me to pathetically call out to them in a painful voice.

I gritted my teeth as they chattered inside my mouth. I groaned as my limbs felt stiff, I desperately wanted to at least stretch - but that was impossible.

The wounds hurt but what cut deeper than the physical punishment was that Ciro was just letting it happen naturally. It was like all of them passionate days meant nothing to him, like I was nothing more than a lowly prostitute.

I laughed bitterly as another wave of fatigue ran through my bony body. My body rattled as my lips chattered against the onslaught of the cold breeze flooding in from the locked doors.

"What was I expecting? Flowers?" I laughed bitterly again as a tear fell down onto the floor.

I sighed heavily as I tried to wiggle my finger slightly, hissing as the rope dug its claws even deeper inside my flesh. I gave up as I just hung there like a weak, pathetic dog.

I don't really know how long I was left strung up. It could have been days, weeks, minutes. I was none the wiser.

Hell Ciro could have vacated this mansion and left me. How was I supposed to know?

"Would have been nice if you at least gave me a clock, bastard." I huffed out in boredom.

My thoughts went back to my friend, Natalie, who had been kidnapped by Ciro's brother, Rizolo Salvatorie. Everything was a mess; I had caused all of this – or so I thought.

As far away from this mansion, Natalie laid on top of Rizolo beating him senseless with a villainess look in her eye.

But back to poor, pathetic me hanging in Ciro's torture chamber just waiting for something to entertain me.

"Oh hello!" I spoke sarcastically at Ciro, who had entered my bed chambers, wearing nothing but a pair of grey joggers.

"Hate to break it to you, bastard but I'm still alive and well!" I laughed dryly as he walked towards me without a word.

That's weird, silent treatment is it I thought to myself as I watched as he lowered himself onto the metal chair, which was still facing me.

I looked at him with venom as I surveyed his body language. I almost chuckled to myself, calm and composed.

"If you're going to give me the silent treatment, you should just vacate my bed chamber. Some of us have some sleeping to do." I spoke out of boredom as I watched as he lowered his head down onto his hands that were resting against his knees.