The Burn Of Reaching The Light. 38.

Epilogue Part 1

Epilogue Part 1. 

Ciro's POV. 

"I can't do this, Ciro." I heard my beautiful wife speak to me through the curtain.

I just chuckled softly to myself as I tightened my cufflinks around my crisp white shirt. I walked over to the matte black armchair; I leaned over to grab my pitch-black waist coat as it laid draped over the top of the armchair.

I heard my wife's huffs and puffs as she fumbled around behind the curtain, I threw the waist coat back on the arm of the chair as I strolled over to the white curtain that laid between me and my wife.

I pushed my hand inside, "do you need some help, amore?"

I felt my wife's cold hand as it wrapped around my wrist, "please."

I heard her strained voice as she slowly pulled me inside the white curtain, I chuckled as I walked into the room behind the curtain. I felt her hand fall from my wrist as I walked closer towards her. Her small, slender back was turned to me. I walked up to her half-zipped dress.

I licked my lip as I bent my head down to her scarred back, I pressed a small kiss there. I smile against her skin as she stiffened in my hold.

"Don't." I felt her shoulders drop as she spoke those words to me.

Her voice trembled as I leaned my head against her neck, wrapping my arms around her stomach I pulled her closer towards me. I watched as her back collided with me. I rubbed my thumbs against her stomach as I kissed the skin of her exposed neck.

"Stop it, amore. You're beautiful." I whispered against her skin; I heard her short intake of breath as she trembled against me.

"No, no you don't. Look at me, I'm... I'm this now." My sad little wife raised her arms and motioned to herself as she spoke her true feelings.

I sighed sadly as I dropped my arms that were wrapped around her waist. I tightened my fists as I walked around her crumbled form and stood in front of her.

My fists released themselves as I saw my poor, defeated wife's face as silent tears trailed down her lovely face. My face softened as I took in her pained face.

I gently cupper her face in my hands as I moved my thumbs to rub her tear-stained face, I brough her face close to mine as I smiled softly.

"My dear Preziosa, don't cry you're my little warrior. Si?" I kissed her softly on the lips.

I kissed her once more as I pulled away from her, I softly caressed her cheek as I moved behind her, I softly grabbed the zip at the back of her dress, tugging it up towards her neck. I planted my hands on her shoulders as I kissed her neck, beautiful I thought to myself as I saw her in the reflection of the mirror that was sat across from us.

She really did look beautiful, and it wasn't because I was being biased because she was my wife – but she was beautiful. She was a breath of fresh air, as I stood back and witnesses what was seen in front of me, she took my breath away. My knuckles went to my mouth as I bit it, my other hand tightened beside me.