Chapter 79: Head to Toes

16th May 1978
Rosalind walked into the potions classroom to see the last seating chart for the term. She was a bit relieved they finally changed seats. It hadn't been all that fun sitting with Natasha. If anything, her grade had become worse from sitting next to such a stupid person.

It also felt a bit useless since it's approximately one month left of classes. But hey, she didn't complain. She looked at the board and saw that she sat next to Pandora Lestrange. She didn't see any downside with that. It was a shame this would only be the seating chart for a month. This was the best one Slughorn had made yet.

She noticed that Lydia and Sophia sat next to each other at the other end of the classroom, Regulus sat in front of her with Evan next to him. Barty was the only one that hadn't ended up with a friend, he sat all the way at the front with a Hufflepuff. Dorcas was at defence against the dark arts.

Slughorn had always a partner assignment prepared whenever he changed the seats. It could sometimes be a good idea, if you didn't know your partner or if you were already acquaintances on good terms. That way you could get to know each other better.

Rosalind had worked really well with Pandora during the lesson, she was smart, kind and she didn't make Rosalind feel dumb. Although she was a bit pellicular and unpredictable. She had very positive attitude to life, which maybe Rosalind could try to follow. However she knew it wouldn't last long, Rosalind liked to complain. It was a part of her daily routine.

Rosalind got to know how Pandora and Dorcas became friends, it was a very short story. They had sat next to each other during meal time, Pandora had asked Dorcas for the pumpkin juice. Dorcas had said something witty about it and Pandora started up a conversation between them.

They continued on with their assignment while getting to know each other. They giggled a bit about Barty for not ending up partnered with a friend. It was pretty funny. He did seem to get along with his new partner though.

The seven Slytherins then made their way to the great hall for lunch, they met up with Dorcas along the way and sat down at a table. They started filling their plates with food and filled their glasses.

Rosalind didn't know what made Dorcas suggest what she had suggested. Perhaps it was the fact that it was getting warmer, the cold winds had already decreased and the sun was shining. You could walk around in your skirt without freezing yourself to death now.

Maybe it was a bit reckless and Dorcas was just that, she could be terrifying at times. She liked breaking rules and pushing boundaries, she liked sneaking out after curfew and she enjoyed the adrenaline high of not wanting to be caught.

Either way, she wanted to go swimming in the Black lake. Rosalind stared at her in disbelief. But it seemed like the others agreed with her. "I'm so up for it." Barty said and grinned.

Evan nodded too, "Count me in."

"It'll be so much fun!" Lydia squealed. "You always have the best ideas, don't you?" Sophia asked before she took a bit of her chicken.

"I don't have a bathing suit." Rosalind stated, everyone turned to look at her. She didn't know why she didn't have a bathing suit. She remembered having one, then she grew out of it and never bought another one. She barely went swimming as a kid, but she had enough experience to stay above the surface.

"Just wear your underwear, we don't care." Dorcas said and waved her hand dismissively at Rosalind. Rosalind's eyes widened. "What?" she said. Regulus sat still next to her. Rosalind was surely not gonna strip down in her underwear.

Sophia nodded, "We're girls we don't care." she said.
"Evan and Barty obviously don't. Right?" she said and looked at them.

"No, not interested in girls." Barty said.