Chapter 52: Piece of Advice

Did a little bird whisper in my ear that it's Thursday?

Regulus went back to his dormitory and saw his friends laying in their beds. "What happened back there?" Regulus asked as he made himself ready for bed. "We saw you two together and didn't want to bother you." Barty said and yawned. Regulus couldn't tell if it was real or fake.

"Why are you still up? I told you not to wait." Regulus asked as he crawled into his bed. "We're good friends." Evan stated. "We didn't think you would take that long though. But when we started waiting we wouldn't stop." Barty added.

"Makes sense." Regulus muttered.

He had trouble going to sleep, especially when Barty or Evan started to snore twenty minutes later. He tossed and turned in his bed. He could not get the peace he needed.

This night had been something new, something amazing. Rosalind's laughter echoed echoed in his head. When he closed his eyes, there she was. She was smiling. Her brown eyes were sparkling in the moon light.

•*•

12th November 1977
Rosalind woke up in a great mood today. All she could think about was last night. She had seen Regulus from a whole other perspective. He was nice, thoughtful and attractive. She hadn't gotten a lot of sleep but she would manage either way.

She went down to breakfast with Sophia. "I heard you come in late last night." Sophia muttereed as they sat down. "What did yo do?"

Rosalind poured herself a bowl of cereal. "I tried a cigarette." she stated, adding the milk. "For three hours?" Sophia asked in disbelief. She started to butter her toast. "With Regulus." Rosalind added. Sophia dropped the knife to the floor. "You what?"

"I tried a cigarette, or two with Black. Then we talked." she said before pouring herself a glass of juice. Speaking of Regulus, she couldn't see him in the great hall. Maybe he was skipping breakfast. It had been pretty late last night. Perhaps he wanted an extra hour of sleep.

Rosalind didn't have potions today. Which meant that it was a good day. Then she had Astronomy tonight. At midnight in the top of the tower. She and Regulus shared every class she had today.

First she had charms. She and Sophia were there early and waited outside the classroom. Students started to appear around them, waiting for the first class of the day. Rosalind saw Regulus and his friends coming strolling down the corridor. Evan said something funny and Regulus and Barty laughed hysterically. Regulus didn't even look twice at Rosalind.

They stopped near them. "Hi." Rosalind heard herself greet him. "Hello, twit." he said and rolled his eyes. Rosalind didn't know how to react. "Who does she think she is." Regulus muttered and looked back to his friends. Evan and Barty shared a look. What happened to him?

Barty and Evan were shocked. They thought Rosalind and Regulus were on good terms right now. At least after last night when they came back from the astronomy tower, practically holding hands.

Rosalind was shocked as well. The audacity he had. He thinks he can pretend like last night didn't happen. She was offended. But if that was how he wanted to handle it then that was how it was gonna be.

The door opened and the students filled the empty classroom in seconds. Professor Flitwick stood on his stack of books as usual. "Hello, Professor." Rosalind greeted him as she walked past. "Suck up." she heard Regulus mutter. The day became worse by the minute. She sat down in her seat in front of Regulus.

"Today we're going the practise the revealing charm." Professor Flitwick said. He flicked his wand and blank parchments landed on everyone's desks. "The incantation is Aparecium. Say after me. Ah-par-eh-see-um." he said.