Chapter 25: Piggy Banks

16th February 1977
"How is it to be shagging the Slytherin heir?" asked a smirking sixth year as he passed Rosalind in the corridor. "Ask somebody that has actually done it." she sneered back at him. He only chuckled lightly and continued to walk.

A bunch of fourth years wolf whistled as she passed them and two seventh years moaned out loud and pretended to have sex when she looked at them.

Rosalind was just about to enter the transfiguration classroom when somebody called her name. She was not surprised to see Sirius walking towards her with a big goofy grin. "Finally did something about your sexual tension with my dear brother?" he asked and put his hands on his hips.

"No, I did not, because there is not any sexual tension." Rosalind responded before swiftly leaving him and walking into the transfiguration classroom. She was living a nightmare, she wanted to choke herself to death with her bed sheets and forever hide from her school. Never had so much attention been brought to her overnight and she did not like it because that attention was brought to her by rumours. The students didn't handle rumours well at Hogwarts. Everyone wanted to know the new gossip, even if you weren't very invested in the people it was about, it was exciting to know everyone's secrets.

Unfortunately it was a Tuesday which meant double period, in spite of that it wasn't even the worse thing. It was the rumour of course. When Rosalind noticed the empty seat next to hers, she grinned widely. Maybe it wasn't a very bad day after all. The class would start practically any second now and Regulus was not there.

She happily sat down and took out her book. But her mood was quickly destroyed. "We will have a practical lesson today." Professor McGonagall informed the class. Normally, Rosalind loved doing practical work in Transfiguration, even though her partner was a certain annoying Slytherin prefect.

But now he wasn't here which meant that she would be partnered with somebody who also missed their desk mate.

She turned around and her eyes quickly moved to Oliver and Sophia, both had a partner. She observed the rest of the class and everyone except one had a partner.

Aston Thompson, a Hufflepuff prefect. His partner was Barty Crouch. She guessed he was up to something with Regulus since both of them were gone. Rosalind did not want to be partnered with Thompson.

"Miss Bulstrode, you will be partnered with Mr Thompson this class." McGonagall said when she saw the two students sitting alone. Rosalind nodded and stood up. As she walked over to Thompson's bench, the door to the classroom opened and in walked Barty Crouch and Regulus Black.

"Mr Crouch, Mr Black, you are late." McGonagall said with a stern voice.

"Sorry Professor McGonagall, Professor Slughorn needed us." Barty apologised.

"I will talk to him later then, take your seats. Miss Bulstrode, you can go back to your old seat." McGonagall informed them. Rosalind sighed quietly and went back to her seat.

Regulus had not found Natasha Carnius last night and it bothered him greatly. "Hello, Bulstrode." he greeted Rosalind as she sat down on her seat.

"What?" she asked irritated and turned to Regulus.

"You look horrible today, although that's not a surprise. You look like that every day." he said with a sarcastic tone.

"Maybe I should write to your mum, tell her about your rudeness, however if I would, she wouldn't care, because all she cares about is your rebellious brother. Oh wait, he left you but your parents still don't give a fuck about you." she replied with a fake smile.

Then they moved on to the practical lesson.

With a swift motion with her wand, McGonagall had placed pink, little, piggy banks in front of every student. "You shall transform these piggy banks into Guinea pigs. Does anyone know the incantation?" she asked the class.

Rosalind raised her hand, so did Regulus. Although Rosalind got the word. "Ripam guinea porcus." she answered with a smile.

"That is correct, 3 points to Slytherin." McGonagall said. "You can now begin to try and turn the piggy banks into Guinea pigs."

The students took out their wands and mutterings of the incantation filled the room. Almost everyone were saying the same thing. Some people slacked off and didn't say it. But the majority of the class were trying to transform the piggy bank. Rosalind and Regulus always competed when there was a new spell to learn. Then the person whom succeeded first, gloated about it for at least a month.

Today was Rosalind's lucky day, because on her sixth try, the pink, piggy bank transformed into a little Guinea pig. "Ha!" she said tauntingly to Regulus. He rolled his eyes but focused back on his piggy bank. He needed to transform it. Professor McGonagall gave Slytherin five points for Rosalind's abilities. Rosalind smiled proudly as she looked at the Guinea pig on her desk. Regulus managed to perform the spell a few minutes later, but Rosalind was still the first.

After Transfiguration, Rosalind summoned her things and walked up to Sophia. The lesson had been quite eventful but she was happy to have succeeded with the spell before Regulus had. The homework McGonagall had assigned was an essay that Rosalind would immediately get to on their free period tomorrow. Together Rosalind and Sophia exited the classroom and started walking towards their next class, charms.

They walked down from the Transfiguration classroom and headed towards the charms classroom. When they arrived there, the divination class ended, and out of the classroom walked Natasha Carnius. She didn't seem to be with her friends. Maybe she was the only crazy one to take divination as a class.

Regulus appeared to have noticed her as well. Because he took quick steps towards her and Rosalind decided to do that too. "Why are you spreading false rumours about us?" Rosalind wondered angrily as she approached Natasha.

"I'm not spreading any rumours." she stated with a smile. "I saw you two making out!" she exclaimed for everyone in the corridor to hear.

"Out with it, tell us the damn reason why you're spreading ridiculous and false rumours about us!" Regulus demanded and took out his wand. He pointed it at Natasha. "We haven't even done one thing to your or your friends." he added, furiously.

Natasha laughed, "You've done nothing to my friends you say?" she scoffed. "You have done more than enough for us." she spit out at them.

Rosalind was taken aback at her words and Regulus withdrew his wand. "Enlighten us about this terrible thing, we apparently have done." Regulus demanded.

"Gladly, you made Eliza patrol with a pervert." Natasha responded and crossed her arms over her chest. Rosalind's mouth formed an 'o'. She hadn't realised that if she didn't patrol with Marello, somebody else would and since she's now patrolling with Regulus, his partner would be the obvious choice for Marello.

When neither Regulus nor Rosalind spoke up, Natasha turned around and left. Rosalind looked at Regulus for a second before taking Sophia's arm and dragging her away from all the students that had gathered around them. They entered the charms classroom that had avoided the chaos outside.

They quietly took their seats, Rosalind saw in the corner of her eye how Regulus also entered the classroom. Although he was looking at her while he took his seat. Even then he did not stop looking.

So I know it's Saturday for some people, but it's still Friday for me, only for a few minutes more, but I'm publishing this chapter now.

I've had a hard time to make time for writing this story, I had three big tests this morning, plus some other things.

But I think I'm back on track now and will update twice a week:)

-Julia