Chapter 77: Room of Requirement

9th May 1978
Rosalind sat in the common room with Sophia. They were talking about potions today with Slughorn. It had been a pretty normal lesson but there was always something you could talk about. Regulus, Barty and Evan sat in front of them. They were talking about something else.

Rosalind didn't listen, Sophia was laying in her lap with her legs resting on the armrest of their shared loveseat. She had an acid pop in her mouth. Rosalind had told her numerous times how it was a choking hazard, Sophia had simply stated that she was too beautiful to die young.

Lydia walked into the common room. Rosalind looked up and saw Dorcas Meadowes and Pandora Lestrange with her. Dorcas was a beautiful girl, she had dark skin and dark eyes. Her hair was in beautiful braids that went down to her waist.

Pandora looked quite the opposite from Dorcas, she had pale skin, ocean eyes and blonde hair that ended below her shoulders. Lydia was smiling a big grin. She looked very joyful.

"This is Dorcas and Pandora." Lydia said to her friends. They looked up at her and then to her friends. "You're in my divination class." Barty said and pointed at Pandora.

"Isn't it fascinating?" she asked as she sat down next to him and Evan. Barty shrugged, "Maybe."

Regulus rolled his eyes, "If you ask me, divination isn't all that fun." he said. "Have you taken the class?" Pandora asked Regulus.

"Oh no, never would I step my foot in that classroom." Regulus answered, a bit snobby.

"Then I'm afraid you have no right to your opinion. Try it before you deny it." Pandora said with a sweet smile.

"Is that how it is?" Regulus asked as he raised his eyebrow.

"What's happening?" Dorcas asked as she and Lydia also sat down around the table. Lydia sat down in a love seat and Dorcas sat down on the floor.

"Trying to survive." Barty said as he looked at Dorcas. "My father is absolutely killing me, wish he was dead." he continued. Evan nodded along. He knew about Barty's troubles with his father. Frankly, he wasn't that big of a fan either.

"Woah, that's something..." she said slowly.

"We are talking about Professor Slughorn if you have anything to say about him." Rosalind shrugged. Dorcas looked between her and Sophia. "Well he's somewhat of a professor, he has his favourites but he is a good potion master." Dorcas said.

"I think he is a bit mad." Sophia said after she took out her acid pop from her mouth.

"I think Professor Slughorn is lovely." Pandora said with a smile. Rosalind raised her eyebrow. "With all of his matchmaking he does?" she asked. "A big fat pass for me."

"You only dislike it because he puts you with Black all the time."

"I like you, Lestrange. You've got some bones." Evan said as he gave her a high five. "Please call me Pandora everyone."

"Well Pandora, I really like you." Evan continued. Pandora smiled at Evan before she looked back at Regulus. "I'm not gonna say it." he said.

However everyone knew that he was only a bit offended that she could put him in his place. Even Rosalind couldn't. Maybe cause she was calling him out on everything all the time and over time it lost its value.

Everyone really liked Dorcas and Pandora. They were very cool and funny. Regulus hit it off with Pandora and they already had some inside jokes. Evan and Barty hit it off really well with Dorcas. Sophia and Rosalind stayed a bit by themselves but they still talked to the two new girls.

Perhaps not as much as Lydia had wanted them too. Rosalind was a bit weary of new people and didn't let them in that easily, but she could tell Dorcas and Pandora were nice people. She was used to stay with her little group of people that had started out with Sophia for four years before Lydia slowly pushed herself into their hearts.