17:Tatiana

Her heart was pounding as hard as her head was. Her mouth was dry, and her skin was itchy. By the pale color of his skin, Lando was nervous as well. Tatiana's brother was silent, but she knew him well enough to see when he was angry. He was furious.
She coughed and groaned at the pain that caused in her head. Lando's head flew in her direction. "You're awake', he said, his voice cracking. She couldn't bring herself to speak, so she nodded. Her head responded with a more aggressive pain. "We're nearly there', Marc said with an angry voice. "Marc', she said after a while, and she cringed because of the pain it caused. "No', he replied. "Marc', she tried again, her voice sounding steadier now. "What you did, was dangerous, Tiana', he growled. "You could've gotten killed! Do you hear me? They nearly killed this guy!', he yelled while pointing at Lando. "But he's alive', Tatiana said calmly, because her head would literally kill her if she dared to yell.

Marc sighed and rubbed a hand over his face. "I can't lose you too, Tia', he said. Tatiana opened her mouth but closed it again. "Never mind, we're there', Marc pulled up on the driveway of a mansion made of wood. There were several cars on the driveway.
Marc and Lando got out, but instead of following her brother, Lando helped her out of the car. She looked up at him and forced a smile. Gosh that hurt! She hated it that she was limping. She hated it that Lando supported her. "I'm sorry', she whispered. "It's all right, I've got a great adventure', she knew he was smiling at her, but her heart would not be able to bear the pain to look up and see that smile. Not for the last time.

They got inside and went straight to the second floor. Tatiana gritted her teeth and held on for dear life on the stair rail. When they finally got into that darn study room she was completely out of breath. (It felt as if she had run five miles)

Marc was already seated and talking to a man. They stopped their conversation when Tatiana and Lando appeared. "Agent', the man said. "Sir', she dipped her head. "And who may this be?', he looked at Lando, and his gaze was not friendly. "This is-', "I am Lando Norris, sir.' The driver interrupted her. "Well, well. Why is he here?', he asked her.
She sat down before answering him. "It's a long story', she mumbled. "I have time', her boss sat down as well and crossed his arms. That's when she noticed the flash drive in his hand. He smiled. "I guess that you want to know what's on this thing?', he held the flash drive in the air. She nodded.

In response, he grabbed a computer and opened it. Marc looked confused. He turned his screen and Tatiana's eyes flew over the screen. The further she got, the paler her skin became. Lando got closer and put his hands on the desk, reading the words as well.
Her mouth dropped and her hands itched to choke her boss. "You... you let us go through all of this', Lando said furiously, "for a freaking pasta recipe?' Tatiana's hands were trembling. "Why?', she hissed. "Think, agent. We knew they would follow you', he held his hand up to shut her up before she could even say half a word, "so we gave you a flash drive with false information. How could we know you were going to drag this boy into this? For which there will be consequences.' He spoke.

Shit. "And you', he turned towards Lando. "You'll have to sign a contract to never say a word about this. Or else you'll go to jail', the man smiled. Lando made a fist and he let out a deep breath. "Sir', Tatiana tried. "You can be happy that we are not throwing you into jail. You're only fired', his words struck her like lightning.

"What?', Lando yelled. "Stay out of this. Get him out of here', he said to her brother. "Hold on!', Lando objected. "Kid', Tatiana said quietly. "No! She protected me with her life! Look at her!', the driver yelled. "Let it go, it's none of your business', her boss said. "But it is. This woman protected my life for more than a very, very long and dangerous week. Yes, she made mistakes, but you're the one who made us go through all of this for a fucking flash drive!', Tatiana's breath stopped. "So you are not in the position to fire her. If anybody should get fired it should be you!', he pointed at her boss, who inhaled deeply and smiled. "Sign the papers and go home', he said.
Lando wanted to say something else, but Marc pulled him out of the room. Her boss turned back to her and his nostrils widened when he inhaled. "You are going to tell me everything. Every. Second', he said. Tatiana shifted uncomfortably on her chair. This was going to take a while.