11:Lando

They switched cars again, this time, Tatiana rented a 4X4. She had said that they were going to need a car that was prepared for rough roads. They had crossed the border between Denmark and Sweden.

Both were more relaxed now, as there was less traffic the further up north they traveled. Sometimes they had to use the gravel roads. Lando did not like those roads. They stressed him out. He had squealed on of those roads, Tatiana had looked at him with a big grin and said: "be happy I didn't rent a motorcycle.' Well, he was very happy she hadn't. For starters, he could not nor would not drive one in this landscape, he did not want to hold on to her and he did not want to drive on those gravel roads with a bike!

They only stopped three times a day. Breakfast, lunch an dinner. It was lunch time and Tatiana drove off of the highway. "You're going to love this!', she said delighted. She stopped at a circle K and reached him the mask.
She got out of the car and waited patiently for him. He got out as well and she locked the car. They went inside and Lando immediately smelled food. "So, what do you want to eat? Hotdogs? Calzones? Something else?', it seemed as if she was exploding. "Er', he said confused. "A calzone?', she smiled and turned around. "Can you grab us our drinks? I feel like coffee today', she said over her shoulder. He nodded and walked towards the coffee makers.

He looked at the cups and wondered which size the spy would like. It didn't really matter. He took the biggest cup and changed the language on the machine. When the coffee was made he got himself a cola zero.
When he put the drinks down Tatiana looked at him, a brow raised. "A zero? For real? Wow', she rolled her eyes. "What's wrong with that?', he asked surprised. "I just don't like the taste of it. It... foams a lot', she mumbled. He laughed. "Sometimes a drink a zero', he replied. "Pft', she said, and she made a waving movement with her hand.

Sometimes she did not look like a spy at all. He looked at her small face and wondered if they would have met if she wouldn't have put him in danger. Probably not.
She paid for their food and thanked the cashier. They got back to the car and got in. Lando took a bite of his calzone and sighed in delight. "You thanked the cashier in English', he said when he had swallowed his bite. "Yes', Tatiana said slowly. She took a bite of her hotdog and did not explain anything. "In all the other countries you spoke their language, why not Swedish?', he opened his cola zero and waited for her response. She sighed and looked up at him. "I was lazy', she simply said. "What do you mean, you were lazy?', he laughed. "I was sick of having to study and wanted to get into the field. So, I cheated on my test and passed', "naughty.' She gave him a death stare and took another bite. "What other languages don't you know?', at first, he thought that she was ignoring him, but then he realized that she was thinking. "Russian', she said. Alright, so she wasn't Russian. "Arabic', she took another bite and stared into a place where he couldn't follow her. "I don't know, there are a lot of languages that I don't know', her eyes focused on him, and he smiled. "Oh well. Now I know a little bit more about you', she stiffened. Oh great, she was going to be annoying again. "Fair trade I guess', she mumbled. She tossed out their trash and departed again. Lando's eyes were heavy, and he fell asleep.

*

"Lando, we're there', a gentle hand on his shoulder. "You were really tired', Tatiana said with a big grin on her face. "Tomorrow it's my turn to sleep in the car', she stepped away from him to give him the space to get out of the car. He got out and looked around. "Where are we?', he asked. "On a camping, I couldn't really find a hotel', she said while she locked the car.
"But I already checked in and have the key. I stopped at a gas station and bought some food, no worries', he followed her down the gravel path. They walked past small houses. More like cabins. They were all red with white and blue roofs. All of them were made out of wood.

"Here we are', Tatiana stopped in front of cabin 16 and opened the door. Curiously, Lando looked around. He saw a really small kitchen and a door that probably led to the bathroom. In the space behind the kitchen, he saw two bunk beds. "I'll take the right one', the spy said, and she closed the door behind them. "Let's eat, please. I'm starving', she put a hand on her belly to stress her hunger and he laughed. She made a hurt face and said: "how dare you laugh? You keep getting more and more annoying mister famous!' She pointed with a finger in his direction and poked in his belly.
She suddenly had two pairs of sandwiches in her hands. "How?', he said surprised. "Magic', she smiled, and this time it did reach her brown eyes. "You can choose which one you want to eat', she held out both packs and he tried to read what was on them. "Oh, wait', Tatiana snickered and read the words really quickly. "This one is with ham and cheese, and this one is with salmon', she held them back in front of them and Lando looked at them. "Which one was fish again?', he asked. "This one', she put the sandwiches in his hands, and he pushed them back in hers. "I'll eat the ham and cheese ones', he said, and he snatched them out of her hand. "Oh', he sat on the bottom bed of the left bunk and opened the pack.

The spy did the same, but on the right side. They ate in silence. When he was done, he got up to throw away the package, but Tatiana took it out of his hands and did it herself.
She plugged in her phone when she got back –it was literally the first time he had seen her do that- and looked up at him. "I'm sorry you couldn't take your phone with you, and that you don't have any new clothes', she said. "But tomorrow It'll be all over', she smiled, but unlike half an hour ago, it did not reach her eyes. "Tomorrow?', he asked. She nodded but did not seem to find the right words. "If we go to bed early, we can leave sooner', she said reluctantly. "Or we can play a game 'till it's dark?', he offered. She looked away but nodded. "What do you suggest?', she asked. He shrugged. "Great', she rolled her eyes but laughed.

"Why didn't you want to touch those salmon sandwiches?', she asked. So, they were going to talk... He could do that. "I don't like fish', he said. "I know people who don't like fish, but they don't throw it back at my face', she said slightly annoyed. "I did not!', he objected. "Nearly!', she said. They both laughed. "How come you knew which one was fish and which one was ham and cheese? I thought you said you couldn't speak Swedish', "No, I told you I stopped learning. I still know some things you know. I'm really, really smart', she crossed her arms and he tried to hold back his laugh. "What?', she asked grumpily. "Sometimes you don't really look like a spy', he said. She was angry. She looked angry. But then one of the corners of her mouth went up a little. She laughed. "You say such random things, kid', she hit her knee three times and wiped away a tear.