Part 16: Lando

The man had introduced himself as Marc. Marc had explained to Lando what the flash drive contained. Somehow, that little thing contained the location of weapons. And somehow, he had tracked down Tatiana. She wasn't even that far away. He was worried, as was Marc.
They had barely spoken, except for the short briefing he had gotten when he had tried to run away from Marc. Turns out he did not want to kill Lando, but protect him. Marc was the man he had talked on the phone with. He had ran after Lando after he had shot the other man. Even though he had cleaned his face, there were still some spats of blood on his shirt. Sometimes he muttered: "Tiana', but that was all.

He pulled up at an abandoned store. "Stay in the car', Marc said while unbuckling. "Yeah, right. I know the drill', Lando said while crossing his arms. Marcs eyes flew to his face, but he did not say anything. "I'm serious, stay in the car', he said before getting out.
Some other cars parked next to theirs, they were all wearing some sort of armor and were carrying guns. They got inside, all of them. It stayed quiet. Why was it so quiet? Were they at the wrong place?

He unbuckled and opened the door. Nothing. It was so quiet out there! When he set his foot down and nearly was completely out of the car, he heard gunshots.
Immediately he jumped back in the car. His heart was racing. Should he be worried?
Tensely, he watched the building. What could he do? What could he do? His gaze flew to the steering wheel when he realized they might have to flee. He got out of the car, closed the door and nearly crawled around the vehicle. He got back in and waited, waited...

He did not know how long he had waited, but when he saw the door opening his body tensed. His hands gripped the steering wheel and he lowered his foot. He relaxed when he recognized Marc, and hanging on his shoulder was Tatiana.
She had multiple bruises on her face but that seemed to be all. The rest of Marcs team got out of the building as well, but they stayed behind, watching the shop.
Marc dumped Tatiana on the back seat and buckled her up. He got to the front and sat down. "Drive', he said with a cold voice. "Where to?', Lando asked, with a surprising calm voice. "Get out', Marc said angrily. "What?', "Get out!' He yelled. Lando did what he said and Marc swiftly replaced him in the drivers seat. "Well? Sit down!', he did what the man asked and they moved away from the shop.