12:Tatiana

They talked for hours. When the sun was down, they got in bed. It had started to rain, and the rain was keeping Lando awake. He was listening to Tatiana's breathing. She was sleeping. Suddenly, the sound of thunder echoed through the sky.
Tatiana immediately sat upright in her bed and seemed to be looking for her gun. "It's fine!', Lando quickly said. Her eyes flew to his face. "It's just a storm', he explained. She let out a deep breath and laid back down. "I'm sorry', she mumbled.

Lightning. Tatiana covered her face with the blankets. After a few seconds he heard thunder again. A shriek. "Are you okay?', he asked. "Yes! No... I'm afraid of storms', Tatiana replied. "Really?', he asked in surprise. "You're afraid of fish!', she snarled. He did not reply to that. "What calms you when there's a storm?', "I snuggle with my dog.' She said embarrassed. "You have a dog?', "yes. She's afraid of storms as well.'
He moved a few centimeters to the wall and lifted up the sheets. "Come here', her eyes met his and she got out of bed hesitantly. She laid next to him, and he put the covers over her small shoulders. "Better?', he asked. Before she could reply, another flash of light erupted in the sky. Tatiana turned around and grabbed his shirt.

His body tensed. She pressed her face against his chest and suck in a deep breath. He heard her mumble something. Thunder. If she could have, she would have crawled inside him. He finally decided to put his arms around her. He put his chin on her head and closed his eyes.

*

When he woke up the next morning, he was still holding her. Slowly, in an attempt to not wake her up, he pulled back is arms. The sun was shining again, and he saw the remaining raindrops falling from the roof. He rubbed his eyes and yawned.
What time was it? He climbed over Tatiana and picked up her phone. 10 in the morning! They had not slept that long since... well... since the start of their trip. There was a message. He was not supposed to read it but did it anyways. 'Extra security added. Hurry up and bring the boy', it said. Who was that? It was just a number. What were they talking about? "What are you doing?', Tatiana's voice sounded as if she could kill him. "Checking the time', he had nearly dropped the phone and looked at her. Her hair was messy, and her clothes were wrinkled, but her eyes were clear. "Get ready to go', she said with an ice-cold voice.

They hit the road again, but Lando felt very uncomfortable. What was that text about? A notification popped up on the screen of the car and he nearly pressed it. Tatiana grabbed his hand. "Eyes. On. The. Road.', she said with gritted teeth.
He pulled his hand from hers and put it back on the steering wheel.
The spy replied to the text and looked at the road. "We're not stopping today', she said calmly, as if nothing had happened. What was happening? Well, except for the fact that the past week had been a world changing series of events for him, this was newer than the rest. "What was the text about?', he asked. "It's rude to read someone's messages', she replied with that same cold voice. "Was it about me?', he ignored her previous words. "It is none of your business!', she yelled.

He was stunned. "What is going on?', he said softly. "Nothing, she looked to her right and breathed in sharply. "It really is no-', she could not finish her sentence. The car slipped and they hit the crash barriers.