Volume 1: Chapter 38

Volume 1: Case 502 — The Intoxicated Frozen Corpse

Chapter 38

That is Jiang Ting's true face hidden under his elegant and elegant appearance.

Processing mold factory.

A sound of crash

Yan Xie shook off the water droplets after having poured half a bottle of water on his head. He was holding his knees as he let out a long, hot breath.

The second floor of the factory had exploded. Black smoke was rolling out of each window. The red and blue alarm lights were flashing around. The masked firefighters were moving in and out of the barrier. The noise and footsteps seemed endless.

Emergency vehicles came and went, and the air was filled with the indescribable smell of moisture, coke and chemicals.

Yan Xie, exhausted, stood up straight and wiped his face, his wet shirt was clinging to his upper body.

"...Deputy Chief Yan ."

Yan Xie looked back, only to see Chief Chen from the Provincial Department, who had come to the City Bureau for a meeting, standing with his hands down, with a complex expression of reserve, arrogance and embarrassment on his face.

"You did a good job."

Yan Xie: "?"

Chief Chen threw him a bottle of water, and Yan Xie caught it, still bewildered.

"You did a good job", Chen Chu said the words of encouragement before turning away with hands behind his back as if nothing had happened.

Yan Xie, still at loss for words, unscrewed the cap and took a sip. He was like a three-meter high monk, whose head could not be rubbed, as he watched Chief Chen walk away, looking at him as if he was seeing a mental case.

Usually under the normal circumstances, Director Lu would have already gotten out of the command car, but today, for some reason, probably because he was on the phone with the provincial department, he was still inside. There was not a single soul in sight. Yan Xie leaned on the window of the command car and tried to have a look inside, but before he could see anything,

Ma Xiang with a wet head came running wildly behind him:" Brother Yan! You got a call from the city bureau-"

"Oh," Yan Xie asked in passing, "How's Lao Kang?"

"Resuscitation it is. Luckily he was wearing a bulletproof vest. Fuck, now that I think about it, earlier Director Lu was going to have you go to the roof and parachute through the window, you're really lucky tsk tsk..."

"No," Yan Xie interrupted him, raising his chin, "Why did Lao Kang go to the hospital but the SWAT team stayed behind, do we have any clues about that remote sniper grandson?"

"I don't know ah," Ma Xiang was puzzled, "Oh right Yan-Ge, director Huang from the city bureau just called, he was looking for you."

Yan Xie was only preparing to drink water, so luckily he didn't choke when he heard the news. Then he immediately found his phone in the pocket, turned it on and saw that he really had ten missed calls.

"Hello, Lao Huang..."

"Don't you call me that!" Huang Xing roared, "I've been shouting at you for a whole half hour on the communication channel! I'm not calling back! Turn off your phone again! You were evacuated from the scene 10 minutes ago. Don't think I didn't know that! Where have you been fooling around?!"