Volume 1: Chapter 22

Volume 1: Case 502 - The Intoxicated Frozen Corpse

Chapter 22

Yan Xie felt that in the eyes of the drug traffickers, he was probably a horny dog

-

Edited by Beth

The ten thousand thoughts in Yan Xie's heart coalesced into two words- you motherfucker.

However, he was destined to not be given the opportunity to express these words. As the reason was, right at this moment, the door to the room was once again opened, and the two lackeys respectfully welcomed a thin, middle-aged man inside.

Yan Xie caught a movement out of the corner of his eye. It was the fatty subtly nodding at him.

"This is our boss, Zong-ge." The red-headed man pointed. "Zong-ge, this is-"

Yan Xie spoke up gracefully, "There's no need for introductions, I'll leave once I have the goods. If not for the Hu fellow having gone to jail, I wouldn't need to make this trip myself. Coming here from the northern zone is so troublesome."

"Oh, you're Old Hu's friend?" Zong-ge's face, at first looking reticent and reserved, relaxed. "Aiyah, you should have just said so earlier, many apologies for the neglect- look at how the two of you handle things! You even dare offend an old time customer!"

He then gave the red-haired man a slap.

This slap looked very impressive, but actually amounted to nothing. The red-haired man only smiled sheepishly, and Yan Xie hurriedly put on a show and stopped any further hits.

"To be honest, Old Hu has been getting his stock from me for quite some time already. He's a good man, just that he's a little unlucky," Zong-ge sighed. "Ai, in these times, it isn't easy to run any business. Regulations are tight, and we're kept on our toes the entire time. If not for Fatty Bro and Old Hu, I also wouldn't dare to easily accept a new customer like you!"

"Hai, exactly!" Yan Xie gestured, and he spoke in a casual tone, "I also don't understand. With a salary of 10000RMB, it's hard for the police to even support their family. Yet they still keep giving us so much trouble, do they just have too much free time? The amount of money I spend buying a bottle of liquor can cover their salary for half a year already!"

Zong-ge laughed loudly. Just like what he saw in the CCTV just now, this rich kid was truly simple-minded.

The two exchanged more small talk. Casually, Yan Xie revealed everything about the locations of where he collected the goods from Hu Weisheng, to the price he paid, as well as the quality. Zong-ge listened, clicking his tongue in amazement, and was even more satisfied by how brainless this rich kid was. As such, he took the initiative to offer, "Since you've already done so many deals with Old Hu, then on my own accord, I'll give up some profits, and provide you a 5% discount. Don't worry about the purity of the goods, I'm Old Hu's supplier, and mine will never be worse than his."

Exactly at the right time, Jiang Ting yawned, starting to look around impatiently.

Jiang Ting had interrogated many drug addicts, and he was able to imitate their behaviour of craving for a fix perfectly. Even an 'insider' wouldn't see anything wrong with his acting. Zong-ge had wanted to say something, only to laugh aloud when he saw this. "Fine fine fine, I'll let you two try the goods first."