Volume 1: Chapter 20

Volume 1: Case 502 - The Intoxicated Frozen Corpse

Chapter 20

"With a twist, that person crashed into Yan Xie and they fell into the booth. Grabbing onto his face, he forcefully turned it around, and straightforwardly pressed a kiss onto him."

-

Edited by Beth

It wasn't only the interrogation room, but even the individuals standing behind the one-way mirror were all stunned. Gou Li muttered, "The fuck? What's happening now?"

It was as though Hu Weisheng was sitting in an electric chair; his expressions twitched strangely. His already distorted features looked even more crooked now, with his hoarse breathing loud and clear.

"That Jiang fellow did things that weren't by the books- he deserved what was coming to him. He deserved death."

"This buddy of his, is he a policeman too? Is he from the Prosecutor General's Office or another institution? What do you mean by not doing things the right way- who has interrogated you previously? Is there some unspoken rule within the Gongzhou system?"

The sound of banging could be heard from the other side of the mirror. Qin Chuan was knocking on the glass as he shouted into his bluetooth earpiece: "Old Yan!"

Yan Xie paid no attention to what was going on outside of that room, instead only watching Hu Weisheng gripping his cigarette tightly, gnashing his teeth as he repeated, "I don't want to die! I didn't commit a capital offence- I was only brought along to collect the goods. They can't just burn bridges like this- killing that Jiang fellow then killing me..."

"Who brought you along for the collection? Where was the pick up? Who is the one who wants to kill Jiang Ting?" Yan Xie abruptly stood up, thrusting himself into Hu Weisheng's face. "Hurry up and tell me! If not, then we might as well just let you go free and come tomorrow you'll be the one smeared across the highway!"

- if Jiang Ting had been there to hear Yan Xie shout 'we might as well let you go free' he might have already had been slapped before he could finish his sentence.

So afterwards, when Yan Xie recalled this incident, he too heavily regretted that he shouted the latter part of his speech without any thought and care.

His original intention was only an attempt to scare him, but as it stated within the textbooks handed out within the police academy, which were compiled through numerous experiences, it explained that in the matters of interrogation, any slight mistake could result in the officer's efforts going down the drain.

Hu Weisheng's gaze subconsciously fell upon the grisly photograph. "Yihe Road's Three Spring Trees. They say that all the new goods come from..."

He suddenly stopped.

Yan Xie watched as the man's expression drastically changed, like some incredulous mime. Hu Weisheng turned from green to red and then red to purple before finally, ghastly pale. He gritted out, "It's not right."

Yan Xie's heart pounded.

"-liars.. you're lying.. you fucking dare to lie to me?!" Hu Weisheng's voice continued to grow in volume until it turned into manic yelling. "You fucking dare take me as a fool?! This isn't- I'm going to kill you! I'm going to kill you, you motherfucker! You-!"

The handcuffs clanked loudly against the metal chair. Seeing that the situation had gone downhill, the policemen outside pushed the door open and rushed in. The few simultaneously forced Hu Weisheng down, the veins in his neck bulging. Extremely crude and vulgar words spilled from his mouth and in the chaos of the interrogation room, the words sounded dreadful.