Volume 1: Chapter 19

Volume 1: Case 502 - The Intoxicated Frozen Corpse

Chapter 19

"Unhurriedly, Yan Xie finally pulled the fatal trigger."

-

Edited by Beth

"You used fake Adderall to bait students into taking drugs, and we've also retrieved many fingerprints from the drug-manufacturing tools on the roof of your rented place. We've caught you red-handed, what else do you have to say?!"

"Sir, I don't know what you're talking about. Those things are just pieces of junk I've picked up. I didn't know they could be used to make drugs."

"Stop giving us these useless excuses. If you confess now, you could still receive a lenient sentencing. But if you insist on talking nonsense, then no one can save you!"

"Hahah. Sir, are you trying to increase your end-of-the-year result? Making and trafficking drugs is a capital offence. Are you trying to lure me into giving a false confession?"

...

Behind the one-way glass of the interrogation room, Yan Xie stood wearing a Bluetooth-earpiece with his back facing the whole scene.

Under the spray of rushing water, he undid the bandage on his hand and placed the finger, of which the skin had split open, under the tap. The clotted blood dissolved immediately into a red stream and flowed down his finger.

The icy pain was like thousands of needles penetrating into the bone. However, it was as though he couldn't feel anything, as his brows didn't even twitch. With great attention, he was listening to the conversation coming from his earpiece.

"If you real the identity of your accomplice, the one who was sitting in the backseat during the evening of Case 5-0-2, and provide us with a lead, the court will give you a lighter sentence!"

"What accomplice? I just happened to be driving them, I didn't know them at all."

"If that's true, then you can tell me the gender of this person you just so happened to be driving, or their age, or anything distinctive about their appearance. How about how they made their payment to you?"

"I've forgotten already, I can't remember a thing."

...

"Fuck- this bastard's damned tight-lipped," Ma Xiang was angry. "We're exhausted from interrogating him for eight hours straight. He either doesn't know or forgotten. I really want to-"

Yan Xie didn't even look at him, "What do you want to do?"

Ma Xiang swallowed. Seeing that Qin Chuan was the only outsider alone in the room, he secretly shot Yan Xie a look. "I'll get that intern to disconnect the CCTV. Yan-ge, let's employ some special treatment?"

In the reflection of the glass, Qin Chuan looked up with a laugh. "Hah, I didn't hear anything, alright?"

"Special treatment," Yan Xie snorted amusedly, wiping his hand slowly in a white towel. "What sort of special treatment do you have in mind?"

"Tsk. Let's put a pillow over his stomach and beat him! If we handcuff his hands behind the chair, he can spend the night sitting there! I heard that this way there won't be any marks left behind. In less than a night, he'll definitely-"