Chapter Twenty

The second Taehyung's gone, Hoseok closes his eyes and hangs his head. He lets his fingers card through his own hair, pressing down on his scalp. He's too tired to think, so he just focuses on how good it feels and doesn't stop until the ghost of Taehyung's hug leaves him.

When he looks up, Yoongi is smoking on his bed. He doesn't remember hearing him come in, but he's showered and changed clothes and looks fresher than before, more content.

"Sorry I made you shout at Tae," Hoseok says.

Yoongi shakes his head, eyes closed. "You didn't. He just pissed me off."

"Are you okay?" Hoseok asks.

Yoongi rubs a hand over his face, shaking his head again. "Tired. Stressed."

"Sorry. This can't have helped with that."

"It's fine. It didn't, but it's fine. stuff happens. You were both dicks. It's over now."

"Do you need anything?" Hoseok asks. "Headache pills? I-I don't know."

"Could do with some food, honestly," Yoongi chuckles. "Didn't get any lunch."

"What food?"

"Pizza."

"What pizza?"

"One of those ones with everything on the top. And extra cheese."

Hoseok slips out of the room as quietly as Yoongi came in and finds his phone still in the kitchen. He knocks on Tae and Jimin's door first and finds Jimin alone, flicking idly through one of Namjoon's newspapers.

"Someone got in trouble today by the sound of it," Jimin says, raising his eyebrows meaningfully. "Getting Yoongi-hyung to yell. Wow."

"Where's Tae?" Hoseok asks, not sure what to say to Jimin's little speech.

"Snogging Namjoon-hyung. If we're lucky. I know I have enough sex for everyone in this house, but at some point people must start having sex for themselves too."

"Um... yeah. Probably." Jimin seems way too happy about all of this. But if they're going to start talking about sex, Hoseok really isn't in the mood. "Um, do you know what pizza Tae and Namjoon-ah like?"

The paper makes a thwack as Jimin drops it into his lap. "I thought we were too poor to buy pizza."

Hoseok flushes and looks away. Technically, he probably shouldn't buy any pizza. "I have enough. I just figured no one feels like cooking tonight, so..."

"Well," Jimin grins, "I was going to cook, but pizza sounds way better. Pizza and chicken and ugh... I want fries. Cheese and carbs and salt and tomato. We can make salad here too. Oh, I'm starving. Hyung, I can't even move, I'm so weak."

Hoseok giggles, pressing his hands to his mouth. "Okay. Give me a list and I'll order it. You can make the salad."

With a delighted laugh Jimin rolls out of bed onto his knees onto the floor. "Okay!"

* * *

Half an hour later Hoseok is handing over far too much money to the young woman delivering their pizzas and Jimin is yelling for everyone to come downstairs NOW!

The coffee table in the living room is overflowing by the time Yoongi pads downstairs, followed by Tae and Joon.

Jimin has set a giant bowl of salad in the centre, a smaller bowl of kimchi beside it. The chicken and fries have been set out and the pizza boxes are all open and crammed in around the edges.

They crowd around the table, arms tangling and knocking together in their haste to get something to eat. Yoongi takes a slice of pizza, a handful of salad, and some kimchi, folds it up like a sandwich and tries to eat it whole.