Chapter Eleven

They don't end up moving his things until way into the following week, but he doesn't go back to his dorm to sleep. Not even once. The futon on Yoongi's bedroom floor becomes his bed until they go out and buy a proper one and a mattress to go with it.

He and yoongi spend most of the day setting up his side of the room when all his stuff is finally at the house. They get him a chest of drawers for his clothes, a bedside cabinet. He only has a few boxes compared to Yoongi and the others, which he worries about them noticing and pitying him for until Yoongi comments on it and tells him it's sad how bare his side of the room is. They're getting him a bookshelf. And he should definitely hang up pictures or something, the wall is naked, it needs clothes.

None of it feels real even as it's happening, even when the last thing is unpacked and he's officially never going to see his roommate again (he had left without saying goodbye, mainly because his roommate was absent as ever). 

And then Hoseok is there, really truly there, eating breakfast with Yoongi and the others every day, walking to classes with them, lunch with them, dinner with them, going out to bars with them, sitting in the living room, tipsy and giggling and being lent jumpers and hoodies and Namjoon's giant coats. He's with them every second he isn't in class, from the moment he wakes up with Yoongi to the moment they go to bed talking quietly (Namjoon had thumped the wall and yelled at them to shut up one night, so now they only talk quietly.)

He isn't sure what he was expecting, but it's everything he hoped for and more. 

In the mornings everyone is quiet and sleepy. Jimin's bedhead is truly something to behold. If you aren't careful, Tae will fall back to sleep at the table.

In those first few weeks he notices a lot of things he didn't before. When Namjoon is very tired, especially in the mornings, his forehead sets itself in deep, irritable lines, and he becomes incapable of not snapping at whoever talks to him.

After the first time he grouches something at Hoseok over their bowls of cereal, Hoseok spends the whole day distracted and sweaty, trying to understand what he'd done wrong. Later that evening, he tries to apologise for annoying Namjoon, much to Namjoon's distress.

"Oh my god, no, it wasn't anything to do with you. Ask the others. I hate mornings. I'm so sorry. Have you been worrying about that all day?"

Standing uncertainly in Namjoon's bedroom doorway, Hoseok nods. "Little bit, yeah."

"I'm so sorry, Hyung," Namjoon says. 

It's the first time he's called Hoseok that and it's weird because even though Hoseok knows he's older than Namjoon, it's always felt as though Namjoon is eons older than him. It brings warmth to his whole body and he finds himself smiling shyly at the floor.

"It's fine. I-I get in my head a lot," he says, already pulling the door closed.

"Wait." Namjoon shifts, making room for Hoseok on one side of the bed. "I was just looking for a film to watch. Why don't you stay?"

Hoseok eyes the space on the bed. It's too small for him to sit without pressing against Namjoon, so he shakes his head gently. "I'm helping Yoongi-ssi make dinner. Tell me about the film later?"

Namjoon smiles tentatively. "Okay. If you don't mind spoilers."

"I don't mind."

"You shouldn't pay any attention when I'm an asshole in the morning," Namjoon says quickly as he goes to back out of the room again. "The others just laugh at me now."

"Okay."

"I really am sorry."

"It's okay." 

Another thing he notices is Jimin often doesn't spend the night at the house at all. Sometimes it's before dinner, pausing to yell goodbye to them before the front door slams after him. Sometimes it's after dinner, rushing out with a wave after he's wolfed down his food faster than is healthy. Every time, he's dressed like he's going to a modelling shoot and has an eager skip in his step. He comes home in the early hours of the morning, before they're awake. and, failing that, he meets them on the walk to class, pleased and still managing to look gorgeous in day old rumpled clothes.