Chapter Ten

Tae pours them all shots of soju and they clink glasses. 

The alcohol burns pleasantly, loosening the tension in his muscles, making him laugh a little louder. They eat and drink and Namjoon tells them he thinks he's going to try a dating app, which is met with a lot of teasing and a lot of advice on Jimin's part.

"You're pretty cool," Hoseok tells Jimin at one point during the night. "You're so comfortable with yourself and sex and stuff. I don't know how you do it. I had sex with a stranger in a car once, but it was horrible."

At this point, they're all pretty drunk, so everyone makes the loudest noise possible at his statement, Yoongi sliding down the couch until he's slumped on the carpet in a giggling mess.

"No," Jimin protests, slamming his hand on the table. "No! Car sex is fun! It gets all steamy and you have to hurry incase someone catches you, but that makes it hotter."

Taehyung wrinkles his nose.

Namjoon nods begrudgingly. "I kinda get it, not gonna lie."

Yoongi gasps for air, waving his hands helplessly. His face has gone bright pink.

"I think we broke him," Hoseok says, lowering the bottle of soju. His words feel slightly far away, disconnected from him like someone's wrapped him in a layer of cotton wool.

"Yeah, he'll be fine in like five minutes," Jimin says dismissively. "You... are cool too, by the way."

"I'm not cool," Hoseok protests, aghast. "I'm like the least cool person I know."

All four voices rise in protest, Yoongi propping himself up on his elbows to look at Hoseok.

Hoseok basically has to shout to be heard, "I thought we were talking about car sex!"

"We've moved on!" Jimin cries.

"Move on again!" Hoseok groans and puts his head in his hands.

He can't decide which is worse, car sex or them insisting he's cool when he knows he's not.

"Fine, fine," Jimin sighs. "Someone think of something else to talk about."

Tae pours them all more shots. Yoongi sits back up.

They snack on the food Yoongi had made. And after awhile Yoongi brings out the cake and cuts it with a butter knife because he doesn't trust any of them (including himself) with a sharp knife at the moment.

They jump from topic to topic, assignments, weird films Tae and Jimin have been watching, how Hoseok will decorate his side of the room, the fact none of them have seen his dorm! They don't even know how he lives! What if he's a complete slob? Oh dear, oh well, they're stuck with him now. Anyway, let's look through the guys on Namjoon's dating app. Oh, he's hot. No, that one sounds creepy. Ooo, message him. Go on. Do it. Do it. Do it. If Namjoon won't then Tae will, but only if Jimin doesn't get there first.

The clock on the living room wall ticks on. Midnight. Half past-one. Two. Tae is the first to excuse himself to go to bed, blowing Hoseok a string of kisses.

Jimin falls asleep in one of the armchairs and around half two Yoongi and Namjoon make him go to bed.

While they're upstairs, Hoseok begins collecting his things, preparing to head back to his dorm on unsteady feet. He shouldn't have drunk so much, but honestly he fucking deserved it after today. And after the shit university experience he's been having. Being drunk is fun and it makes him not worry about all the things wrong in his life. Like what a mess he is and how, now that he thinks about it, he never apologised to Tae or Jimin for shouting at them. Or how his parents haven't wished him a happy birthday (not that that is very new, they've always believed his birthday was more about his mother than him because she was the one who had to grow him in her stomach and then get him out of her—almost an entire day of agony. They have a point, he supposes. She should be congratulated for that, but that's why Mother's Day exists, it really wouldn't kill them to act normal about a birthday for once.)