Chapter Seven

No one on Yoongi's side of things has asked about his made up friends. Jungkook asks though, just as Hoseok is beginning to think he might have forgotten about it.

They're on call one night while Hoseok walks back to his dorm after spending the evening with Yoongi and the others. Jungkook has been calling a lot recently.

"So your old friends," he says quietly, "you just stopped hanging out with them?"

Hoseok thanks every god in existence that they're only on a phone call and not video. "Well... yeah... they just weren't really my sort of people."

"Really? You always sounded like you had so much fun with them. I thought so, anyway." 

"They were fun at first," Hoseok says, choosing his words carefully like the absolute liar he is. "But we just didn't click." 

"You're fine with it?"

"Yeah, I don't mind. P-people grow apart, that's life, isn't it? I have Yoongi-ssi and his friends now. I get on with them."

Jungkook seems to contemplate this before replying, "Yeah, I guess they do."

Hoseok draws his scarf more snugly around his throat and tightens the strings of his hoodie against the chill.

"Well, I think your new friends seem like they're great," Jungkook says softly.

"Yeah, they are great." He decides against making a joke about how they might even be better than Jungkook and Seokjin.

Twice, since the first time, Jungkook has called him while he's around the others. And it's gone well every time. At one point Taehyung had taken his phone away to ask Jungkook to sing (they heard from a little bird that he does that—the little bird, in this case, being Hoseok). After a lot of red faced giggles and tiny 'no, no, no, I couldn't possibly's,' Jungkook had sung a cover of some English pop song for them. They'd spent at least half an hour praising him afterwards. 

Namjoon had cautiously asked if Jungkook wouldn't mind recording himself and sending it to him to keep. Jungkook had said he would think about it.

So it's safe to say they've won Jungkook over. Understandably so. It took them less than three hours to win Hoseok over when he first met them.

"If you were gay, I wouldn't mind," Jungkook blurts.

Hoseok stops on the steps up to his building, frowning. "Um, okay? Why...? What?" He lets himself inside. "Do you think I'm gay?" he laughs.

"No—well, I don't know. You have four gay friends all of sudden."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean I'm gay." 

Hoseok's footsteps echo around the stairwell.

"I know, but if you were, I wouldn't find it weird. Kiss or no kiss," Jungkook adds apprehensively.

Hoseok leans against the wall outside his door, smiling. It's oddly touching to hear Jungkook say that, even though he's not gay. "I'm not, but thanks. Same with you. I wouldn't mind."

Jungkook giggles. "Thanks."

Hoseok tells him he has to go, that he loves him, goodnight. He hangs up and lets himself inside.

It's a relief that Jungkook didn't press more about his 'friends.' He doesn't know what to think of Jungkook thinking he might be gay, though. He doesn't think he needs to tell Jungkook about his never say never attitude towards dating a guy. Not to hide it, more just... because there's really nothing to tell. He's never worried either of his friends would be homophobic and he doesn't think it would scare him to tell them he's gay. If he was. Which... well, he's pretty sure he isn't. Even if he did consider kissing a guy.