Just like always. Some things never change.

He leaned down and held my shirt collar, scrutinising my expressions. "How do you know about Thora?"

I lowkey laughed but his facial expressions didn't change.

"Sepehr." I say, just to see his reaction. Now, his expressions change. Confusion washes all over his face.

Anyone else wouldn't be able to detect this because of the way he perfectly masks it quickly, but I know something others don't.

"Ring any bells?" I asked again smugly.

He let go of my collar and stood back in his position.

The sound of the double doors screeching away caught my attention, I turned around and saw my darling.

"Good morning." I greet Thora.

"Sepehr has returned back to Kallistar today. I thought since you're here too, then why not have tea together?"

She smiled and rested her hands over my chest, playing with the hem of my golden tunic. I smiled back and nodded yes while kissing her lips.

Soon after, I saw Sepehr- Thora's older brother stepping in the great hall.

Wearing warrior's clothes, coloured in red with threads of gold and dark red cloak on the shoulders. Scabbard by the side and his trained steps are heavy. body stiff and intimidating.

Sepehr Kastor. The fierce Prince and chief commander of the army of Kallistar. One of the eternals who manipulates the power of the universe.

The one we fear and bow to.

Cade's face is unreadable. His eyes focused on me but his mind was definitely somewhere else. I bet he is surprised at the unknown feeling churning up inside of him at the mention of his name. Well, yeah, past name.

Without saying anything, he walked away inside. How the fuck none of these people don't remember any damn thing? How they still hadn't realised about the past? I have tried to let Zaria know by giving her those manuscripts anonymously, but fuck. Why the hell she doesn't remember anything yet. My jagged heart hurts.

I have always been left alone by the world. Even now, the same thing is happening.

Everyone takes me as the wrong guy when all I'm trying to do is fix things. To rewrite the ending. To get justice, and yet, how lonely I am. I have trained my heart to not comprehend and accept the ugly bites of the world.

When I first saw her, my heart kicked back to life in the hopes of finally having her in my life, in the hopes of finally getting our happy ending. But he returned too and ripped away my heart. again stole her away from me.. Just like everything else since childhood.

*Childhood Flashbacks*

I smiled widely when I saw my pre - school friends standing at the door for me, with cool toys in their hands. The maid approached them inside.

"You guys came?!" The smile on my face couldn't get any bigger.

I thought I might celebrate my birthday alone today, but my heart filled with happiness when I saw my friends. At least they remembered my birthday.

"Where's Damien?" Noah asked. I squinted my eyebrows in response.

"Why?" I asked, confused.

"We're here to play with him." Noah said. Joseph tugged on his shirt and said "There he is." Pointing at Damien behind me. They all ran together across the hall towards Damien and I fell on the ground by the impact.

Tears flooded my eyes. I tell my heart that it's okay, they just don't remember my birthday. It’s fine.  I tell my heart to calm.

⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅

My feet slip on the wet slippery floors and I accidentally drop the orange juice in my hand on Damien who is seated at the couch. It spills on his clothes all over. My heart stops in fear and I immediately apologise.

A sharp slap of hand burned on my cheek. I look up and see my grandmother yelling at me. "Why are you always behaving like a brat?" Grandma yelled again, cleaning Damien's T-shirt with her handkerchief.

"You need to be taught some serious manners!" She slapped me again; Damien came between but she moved him aside.

"Grandma, please, sorry, I didn't do it intentionally, I swear, please." I begged but she kept yelling and beating me.

I tell my heart she just misunderstood the situation. I tell my heart my grandmother is a kind person; she is just having a bad day. I tell my heart to calm.

⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅

Sharp tugs of their hands on my hair intensified the pain. The kids in the school bus pulled my uniform and hair. "Your mother left you. She didn’t want you." They say boo-ing at me.

I stayed silent. I wanted to shout back at them, I wanted to fight back but then how'd I be different from them? So, I stayed silent. I stayed silent. Bearing the pain. They kept bullying me and taunting me but I stayed silent. Telling my fucking heart to fucking bear the fucking pain.

 Telling my fucking heart to fucking bear the fucking pain