Chapter Nineteen

A local college bar, that was where Katherine had brought them. Y/N was slightly confused, from the time they'd spent with Katherine in the past she had been all about exclusive restaurants and clubs. The kinds that greeted you with champagne and caviar, where you had to be someone to be allowed in. So this bar was a far cry from that lavish lifestyle.

"We're here because this is the kind of place where getting dinner is ridiculously easy. This place is full of drunk college kids looking for a good time. Perfect for you to learn how to use some of those new abilities I so kindly gave you" Katherine explained a she saw the confusion on Y/N's face as they walked inside.

Y/N looked around the overly crowded bar and suddenly became acutely aware of every single heartbeat there and the sound of blood rushing through veins. They struggled to keep their fangs in, the urge to rip out someone's throat was immense, and suddenly Y/N found Katherine pushing them up against a wall, acting as if they were a drunk couple about to make out.

"First rule, keep the fangs and freaky eyes under control. I can't compel everyone in here to forget what they see, so you need to learn control. Deep breaths Y/N, shut out the sounds and keep focused on me, okay?" Katherine said, her body pressing against Y/N's her lips barely a few inches away from theirs.

The closeness of Katherine and the firmness in her voice, snapped Y/N back to their senses immediately. They were slightly horrified at how much they had just wanted to attack someone, to taste blood, to feed. 

"What do you mean compel?" Y/N asked, trying to keep themself distracted from a group of college kids that walked past the pair of them. 

"I'll show you, I think you're going to like this little trick a lot" Katherine smirked as she pulled away from Y/N, letting them move away from the wall. 

Weaving her way through the crowded bar, Katherine spotted a blonde woman sat alone, away from the majority of the other people, perfect. 

"Hi, I think you and my friend should get to know one another a little better. Follow us outside and forget about anyone you came here with, don't ask any questions" Katherine got the blonde females attention, her eyes locking with hers as she spoke. 

Y/N watched what was happening carefully, seeing the way Katherine's eyes changed as she spoke and the way the blonde female didn't even hesitate as she got up from the chair, agreeing to come with them. 

"What's your name?" Katherine asked the blonde as she clocked the fire exit nearby, easy way to sneak out unnoticed. 

"Clara" The blonde female replied. 

Katherine pushed the fire exit open and nodded for Clara to step outside. The young woman didn't even question why they there leaving the bar, she just did exactly what Katherine had told her to do. 

"Mind control, that's what you can do" Y/N asked quietly as they stepped out with Katherine. 

"Yes, compulsion, one of the best abilities a vampire can use. It's an important one to get the hang of, if you don't do it properly it's a nightmare. So for tonight leave it to me" Katherine replied as she let the fire exit door close behind them. 

Clara stood in the alley than ran behind the back of the bar, just waiting for Katherine to tell her what to do next. 

"My darling Y/N here is going to bite your neck in a moment, you're not going to make a sound Clara. Just stay very very still let them feed, okay?" Katherine instructed the blonde as she then gestured for Y/N to go ahead. 

"Yes of course" Clara nodded, completely uncaring about the danger she was in. 

Y/N felt torn inside, this felt wrong, this girl was completely innocent, had likely come out with her friends to have a fun night out and now here she was stuck between two vampires. But Y/N also couldn't ignore the overwhelming urge to feed as she stared at the pulsing vein in the young woman's neck.