Chapter Sixteen

Wanda had seen a lot of things in her time both with the Avengers and back when she had been experimented on by Hydra, but what was in front of her, she had never thought she would see this.

See someone she cared so deeply about, torn apart and turned into a monster, completely against their will and she had played a part in that now by giving Y/N the blood.

It was selfish and she knew that, but there had been no way she could have let Y/N choose to not do it. Not when that would have meant they'd really die. The team had been in a total state of shock back at the compound, she had been the only one to follow after Y/N without hesitating. Even Nat had seemed reluctant to do anything in that moment.

"Get... away... now... Wanda..." Y/N snarled as they dug their hands into the dirt trying to control the growing rage and lust for blood building in them, now they had tasted it, all they could think about was having more.

"I am not leaving you Y/N. That is not going to happen, okay?" Wanda replied as she came to kneel down in front of them, "Look at me, you can get through this Y/N."

Y/N shook their head, they couldn't understand why Wanda cared so much. They'd been so sure that Wanda had a problem with them, but now their mind, the memories, the ones they hadn't been able to see before they were coming back. It was chaotic and it all felt out of order.

The memory of being in the alley, they'd asked Wanda if she hated them. Now Y/N remembered they had heard Wanda's reply just before they had lost consciousness.

Then like a punch to their stomach, they remembered what Wanda and they had done, what had happened at the cabin, the events after and how they had demanded that Wanda take it all away. The memories and the feelings.

"You love me..." Y/N's glowing eyes met Wanda's, "You took my memories and feelings away, even though you're in love with me..."

"Yes... but I did what you asked because you were hurting, you'd been through so much and I know you want to be with Nat. I thought I'd done it right, but it all seems to have gone so wrong" Wanda admitted softly.

Y/N felt the grip on their emotions slipping, everything was heightened, whatever was happening to them it felt completely uncontrollable. They'd made Wanda do it, they could remember it now, standing there in the compound demanding that Wanda use her magic to 'fix' what had happened. 

Now they understood why things had felt so strange, it was because their feelings and memories had been manipulated. The problem was that the thing that was meant to fix everything, seemed to have come undone and the opposite had occurred. 

"Does Nat know?" Y/N asked as they clenched their jaw, they were trying to think straight but their mind kept going back to blood, they wanted more. 

"Yes... She's worked it out..." Wanda replied, guilt flickering in her eyes. 

"This is a fucking mess, it's all fucking wrong!" Y/N lost control of their anger, "I can't do this!" 

Wanda flinched slightly as Y/N shouted at her. 

"I'm sorry Y/N, I'm so so sorry. I never meant for this to happen, I never meant to fall for you or for Nat to find out about it all" Wanda tried to calm them down, reaching her hand out to touch them. 

Y/N smacked Wanda's hand away, the black veins appearing around their eyes again as they let out a vicious snarl. 

"Stay the hell away from me!" Y/N yelled at Wanda, before moving in the blink of an eye to push Wanda not realising just how strong they had become, the push sent Wanda flying backwards, slamming into a tree trunk with a heavy thud.