CH 19: A Soul Set Apart Part 3

-[Opening Intro: 0:07/138]-

After the discussion with Barbara, they left off to meet Dainsleif

Dainsleif: I see... Has the Abyss Order already launched a new operation...? This could very well have something to do with the Defiled Statue. We should go as well.

Paimon: But, what is the abyss Order going to Wolvendom for anyway? Are they looking to do the same as they did with Dvalin? Aaaah... No again!

Dainsleif: No, that's not likely. Unlike Osial, who just suppressed, Andrius died long ago. Today it is just his spirit that stands guard over Wolvendom. The Abyss Herald may just be targeting the spirit of Andrius in an attempt to garner some information from one of the Anemo Archon's old companions.

After arriving at the Wolvendom

Luffy: We've been fighting Abyss Mages all day off.

Dainsleif: The closer we get to the target, the more enemies there are, Hmph, fits the Abyss Order style.

Lumine: We should hurry.

Paimon: Let's go!

Dainsleif: I'm... not going any further.

Luffy: You're not coming, Dain?

Paimon: Huh? Why not? Is it because you're afraid of fluffy animals?

Lumine: Aren't fluffy things cute?

Dainsleif: It has nothing to do with wolves. It's because Boreas was an ancient god, yet he willingly became a servant of The Seven. I cannot possibly agree with his actions. I don't desire any interaction with him. Besides, you're the one people like. I'll... less likable.

Luffy: Who's Boreas?

Dainsleif: Andrius, also known as Lupus Boreas, is also one of the Four Winds. Andrius chose to let his physical body die, leaving behind his spirit to watch over the land of Mondstadt. 

Lumine: You really despise The Seven, huh.

Dainsleif: There's nothing special about gods anyway. It's just my opinion, but a word of advice: Always be on your guard when around gods. You shouldn't place too much trust in them. But at the same time, don't go too far in the opposite direction... Don't go trying to overthrow them, or hunt them down. Even if the god in question is your sworn enemy.

Luffy: So don't trust them but don't hunt them at the same time?

Paimon: Don't trust them, and don't hunt them... That's some awkward advice. Does Dain hate The Seven, or is he protecting them?

Lumine: Why is your opinion so contradictory?

Dainsleif: ... Lest I repeat the failings of my forebears. I... will tell you one final act.

Paimon: Huh? What fact?

Dainsleif: The destruction of the nation of Khaenri'ah by the gods... is the reason the Abyss Order now seeks to destroy the nations watched over by The Seven. Well, enough chit-chat. We should get back to business, I will go take care of the Abyss Order members in the area. Try and keep your visit with Boreas brief. Afterward, let's meet at the entrance to Wolvendom.