CH 11: Three Poignant Perfumes

-[Intro Opening]-

Later, they approached one of the master branches of the adventure guild to ask for a favor.

Lan: I stopped accepting commissions a long time ago. Sorry, you three, but you'll just have to ask another adventure.

Paimon: Oh it's not that, It's just a teeny-tiny thing...

Luffy: Do you smell good?

A moment of silence followed after Luffy spoke.

Lumine: By that Luffy means... Do you know how to make perfume?

Lan: ... Wow, just wow. Do I look like the kind of girl who wears perfume to you? I think you're underestimating the kind of person I am...

Luffy: ... So you smell bad?

After getting that response from Luffy, Lumine slaps his head.

Paimon: Well, Paimon thinks you smell amazing! So come on, what's your secret? If not perfume?

Lan: Now that you mention it... Yes, there is something. What is that scent? Oh, it must be from the Qingxin flowers I picked on the way back. I forgot I still had them with me...

Paimon: Aha! The truth is out, You got a soft for wildflowers!

Lan: Ahh... No, they were for medical use only. Anyway, this is a pointless conversation. If you want to know about perfume, try talking to Qiming.

Paimon: The Fortune Teller, right? Paimon remembers she smells pretty good! Thanks, see you around~

Later they seek Qiming's advice

Qiming: Hello, How may I help?

Luffy: Do you smell good-

Lumine slaps Luffy's head again

Lumine: Do you know how to make perfume?

Qiming: Perfume? I rarely think to use it, let alone about how to make it myself. That said, some of the cosmetics I use are scented. Perhaps that's the cause of this confusion. Since I usually set up my stall by the docks, I avoid perfume like the plague. Because Celestia forbid those lusty sailors catch a whiff and come hunting for the source!

Paimon: That's the worst thing Paimon's heard all day.

Qiming. While we're on the subject, have you never heard anyone mention Ying'er's homemade perfume?

Paimon: Ying'er... Oh, as in Scent of the Spring Ying'er?

Qiming: Yes, that's her. Many a rich family's daughter has gotten her to make perfume for them. Apparently, her homemade product is better than anything you'll find on the market.

Paimon: Great, this is just the intel we need! Finally, we're getting somewhere.

Later they seek Ying'er's advice