[OVA] CH 02: The Banquet Part 2

Venti: Hehe, you finally let me in! Hello, hello! No matter if we've met before or not, this moment marks a brand-new encounter! Old friends and new!

Luffy: Venti!

Paimon: Oh! It's the Tone-Deaf Bard!

Xiao: !?

Hu Tao: Ooohh! He seems to carry a valiant breeze whenever he goes... It looks like we're gonna be friends! Fate has brought us together, so c'mon, take a seat and be my guest! Help yourself, I'll ask them for another set of cutlery.

Venti: Mhm, this young lady here is as bright as a fresh bouquet of flowers and the morning's rising sun. She no doubt is the one with the most Authority here! : Woah, these dishes look amazing... Is it really okay for me to join in? Hehe, alright, I'm digging in!

as Venti took his seat, he noticed Xiao

Venti: Oh Xiao, you remember me, right? We had a chat not long ago.

Luffy: You know Venti?

Xiao: ...Yes, yes. I was patrolling Dihua Marsh a few days ago when I happened to run into this... this...

Venti: You've already forgotten? I'm a bard, remember? And bars go around singing wherever they like!

Xiao: Oh, right, and this bard was performing in Dihua Marsh. It was a... moving melody, and it made me feel relaxed and at ease. I... couldn't help but sit and listen.

Venti: Hehe, thank you for your patronage!

Lumine: So that's how it was. I see.

Zhongli: I understand now, too. I'm Zhongli, currently working at the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor, It's a pleasure to meet you, new friend.

Hu Tao: Mm-hmm, and I'm his boss. Oh, and if there's anything unsatisfactory, let me know anytime!

Zhongli: That's very considerate of you.

Venti: Oh? Hmm, no wonder, Only a boss as savvy and reliable as you would be able to hire such an impressive consultant!

Hu Tao: Hehe, you're too nice, Venti. Not to brag, but our consultant is truly impressive. His knowledge extends across the stars and the land, and there's nothing throughout history that he doesn't know. From the sophisticated way he speaks, it's hard not to suspect that he could very well be an Adeptus in disguise! Hehe.

Xiao: ...

Hu Tao walked to Xiao and she closely put her face near Xiao's face.

Hu Tao: Xiao, you're adeptus! Do you think it might be possible?

Xiao: ...Sorry, I'm only good at conquering demons, I'm afraid I don't have much knowledge in that matter.

Paimon: Uh, really?

Luffy: Yeah isn't he also-

Lumine put the meat inside Luffy's mouth again.

Lumine: (Paimon, Luffy, play along!)

Paimon: Oh, ohhh! Riiiight... Uh, Xiao's a warrior. He doesn't come to the city very often, so it's, uh, pretty normal for him to not know anything... Yeah...