CH 18: A Soul Set Apart Part 2

-[Opening Intro: 0:07/138]-

-[Begin Soundtrack]-

Paimon: Aah! Lumine, Luffy! get ready!

Luffy: Let's kick his ass! 

Lumine: Right!

The air grew still as Abyss Herald, Lumine and Luffy stared each other down. Abyss Herald brandished his hydro blade, while Lumine summoned her sword. Luffy clenched his fists, ready to fight. For a moment, no one made the first move, each waiting for the other to strike.

Luffy: ...

Lumine: ...

Abyss Herald: ...

Lumine made her first move and rushed towards the Abyss Herald. However, as the Herald caught sight of her movement, he quickly launched a hydro-ranged slash towards her. Lumine was able to dodge it, but before she could react, the Abyss Herald was already close enough to swing his blade at her.

Lumine: (So fast!)

As Lumine barely blocked an attack with her sword, she was pushed away and Luffy took his turn. He rushed towards the Abyss Herald, who had just executed the same move on Lumine. Although Luffy managed to dodge the attack, the Abyss Herald unleashed a hydro blade on him as he approached. Luffy skillfully dodged the attack with a front flip and moved away, allowing Lumine to charge towards the Abyss Herald.

Abyss Herald: !

Lumine clashed swords with the Abyss Herald, while Luffy interrupted with a ranged punch.

Luffy: Gum-Gum Pistol!

When the impact landed, the Abyss Herald flinched before grabbing Luffy's arm.

Luffy: Oh uh.

The Abyss Herald grabbed Luffy and threw him towards Lumine, causing them to collide with each other.

Lumine/Luffy: Ugh!

Paimon: Are you two okay!

Lumine quickly recovers and dashes towards him again. A fierce exchange of blows takes place between them, until Luffy intervenes. He stretches his arm backward and releases a powerful punch at Abyss Herald, intercepting his attack.

Luffy: Gum-Gum Bullet!

As Lumine and the Abyss Herald clashed, Lumine's attacks were deflected by the Herald. Although Lumine kept fighting, the Abyss Herald was too strong and eventually pushed her to the ground. Just as the Abyss Herald was about to deliver the finishing blow, Luffy suddenly appeared and stretched his arm to grab Lumine and pull her out of harm's way.