Chapter 37

He kissed my forehead before leaving me outside homeroom. That alone made up for the entire day. "See you tomorrow," he said. 

The class was empty because I was the first to arrive for p.m. registration. It was a long freaking day. Trina walked in followed by my homeroom teacher. "Do either of you know why Shannon left earlier today?" 

"Well apparently she does her own little thing without telling me," Trina complained. All of a sudden, I developed a stronger backbone. I stood up without thinking. "Well excuse you for thinking that you were entitled to an explanation. She left early because she had food poisoning."    

The class started to fill up gradually but at the wrong time. "Since when did you and her become besties? Last time I checked, we weren't on good terms with you!" Everyone was quiet. Jessica  walked in then stood behind me . The atmosphere was tense. "Clearly she's under your influence. Who knows, maybe Kristine was under your influence to. Explains why you trying so hard to pin the blame on the next person!"  

There was a lot of mumbling. I couldn't pay attention   to any of it because I knew that I touched a nerve. I could feel Trina's energy radiating off of her. Before she could pounce Jessica stepped in front of me and slapped Trina. The funny thing is I saw it happening before it could even happen.  The whole class got excited and the teacher tried to break up the fight and settle the rest of the class down.

Trina had it coming to her. After that day I never feared her, respected her or even took her seriously. It started to make sense. I said what I said about her and Kristine out of spite. My accusation was not given any thought, but the fact that Trina got touched easily meant that I was actually onto something. 

As for Jessica, I was proud of that soldier. 

The next day the three of us we sent to the principle's office. I was given warning for provoking Trina, Jessica was given warning for getting physical on school premises and Trina got dentition for initiating the argument and attempting to 'throw the first  punch'.  As useless as she seemed, my homeroom teacher was actually very observant.

One bad day always made me feel that I had a bad week which I needed to escape. I forced myself to get permission from my mother to go out that Saturday. However, I needed to tell her more than that. It was coming to a point where she started to understand who Trent was becoming in my world. She was hesitant but with some negotiating we managed to come to some sort of agreement:

"I will have to meet him at some point, Kourtney."  

That Saturday morning come sooner than expected. I nervously approached the front door. 'This should be the place,' I thought to myself. 'The address he sent me matched the address on the mailbox.'

My mother remained parked on the road in front of the yard just in case I was at the wrong address. I rang the doorbell and waited to be answered. After a few minutes of waiting the door finally opened revealing a figure as tall as Trent and the same hair color as Trent's.

 But  he was not Trent.

The guy's eyes were  slightly red. He had a torn tank top on along with a pair of boxers. I was confused and therefore I didn't know what to say.

"Can I help you?" The guy asked impatiently.

"H-hi. I'm here to see Trent," I stuttered.

"Oh you're here to see Trent?"

"Yeah," I confirmed 

"Okay one sec. Sebastian! There's some chick here to see you!" He called out over his shoulder.