Lover

I had just uttered the last words of what happened as Noah paced the front of the bus wordlessly. "Can you please say something?" I all but begged.

"What do you want me to say," his words were sharp as he stopped in his tracks.

"I want you to tell me it'll be okay," I breathed out as I let my shoulders fall.

"Obviously I can't promise that anymore, look what happened. What the fuck was that? I was ten feet away on the other side of the bus and I let that happen right in front of me." Anger started to filter into his voice causing his volume to rise. I saw now he wasn't upset with me or what happened in particular, he was upset with himself for letting it happen.

"Look, can we just forget about this for now and go on and get settled in the room-" a moment of silence hung over us before he opened his mouth to utter a breathy reply.

"Fine, lets go" he gestured to the door. I stood from the couch with my bag by my side and headed to the door. My feet hitting the pavement, I let Noah take a step ahead of me and I followed behind. Almost to the entrance of the hotel he stuck his hand out behind him for me to take. I sped up my pace to take his hand as we crossed the threshold into the warm air of the hotel lobby. Noah held me close to him in the elevator, I stood in front of him with my back pressed into his chest to bas his arms stayed wrapped around me till the elevator doors slid open with a ding. Begrudgingly pulling ourselves from the elevator Noah spoke for the first time since leaving the tour bus. "They ran out of standard rooms, so we got an upgrade, well someone in out group was getting an upgrade, I made sure it was us." We stopped in front of a door halfway down the hallway. Noah pulled out the key card and unlocked the door, letting me enter first. Stepping in at first, I didn't find anything different from a standard room, halfway into the room I turned back to Noah ready to ask but he beat me to it. "The bathroom is extravagant, and the view behind those curtains is unreal," he explained. "We're also two floors away from anyone we know" he added. I tried to conceal the devious smile that threatened to spread across my face as I pulled the curtains open.

"Oh, wow" I said quietly, taken aback by the sparkling city view we had from the full wall window.

"Yeah, that's what I said" Noah said from behind me as he approached slowly. "Anyway, I was thinking about taking you out tonight, for dinner, maybe a little shopping if you want?" he suggested as he came to a stop right behind me. "What so you think?"

"Sounds perfect" I said as I fought against my heart that was trying to speed up and my thoughts started to race. Oh, the possibilities of tonight. "What should I wear?" I turned my head to the side as I leaned back against his chest.

"A dress should suffice" he said lowly before stepping away as his phone rang again.

"Whoever that is needs to leave you alone." I whined as I stepped to sit on the edge of the bed, watching him approach the door as he answered the phone. The door shut leaving me in silence.

In the following hours I had Nick escort me back to the bus to retrieve the essentials for mine and Noah's date night, including the dress, Noah continued to be busied by his phone. Noah left the room around six to leave me to get ready in peace, he said he'd be by to pick me up around seven thirty. I took my time in the shower as well as drying off and doing my hair. The dress was black, fitted up top, flared out from the waist down, stopped above the knee, I paired it with the only pair of heels I brought on tour. I did my hair and makeup simply. I was done with twenty minutes to spare. I sat perched on the end of the bed while I over thought all the choices I had made in the past hour. Was the bodysuit too much? Should I have gone with the two piece? The bodysuit looks like two pieces, only connected on the sides, it's fine. My eyes scanned the room around me. I couldn't help but wonder if tonight was the night. What Noah's actual plans for the evening are I don't know.