GOOD GIRLS FLUFF ☁️☁️

A fluff/angsty no sex version(well...less sex 💀) of GG part 2 because i wanted more character development.

—————
(This is some time after the wedding, but before Yurka leaves)

I always thought it was weird how Jake and Tru'it began to bond.

Jake shoots up in cold sweat, huffing, eye scanning his vincity. It was well past midnight.

"Right." He sighed, trying to catch his breath as he leans on the tree trunk overlooking the hallelujah gates. He's on outpost duty.

Jake immediately presses his throat mic. His heart is pounding as he waits for me to pick up.

Nothing.

Then he calls again...

No answer.

So he calls Mo'at but nothing either.

"Fuck,"

He sat, tapping his foot. Weighing which choice to pick. But it will always be me. So he gets up and leaves his station and runs back home.

He's just making sure if I'm safe that's it, then he's back at work. It won't take long. Just fly over and as long as all the doorways are secured....

But it wasn't,

And he lost it.

Jake hops down onto the top of his home tree, as he quietly makes his way into his home.

Knife in hand,

Then he sees someone's shadow and being my mate. He already knows it's not me. In one fell swoop he lunges forward as his eyes meets his mother as the blade nearly reaches her skin.

She is breathing rapidly almost in fear that her son might have just ended her if Jake didn't come to his senses fast enough,

"M..mom" Jake huffed retracting his blade, he'd forgotten that his mother was staying with us for a couple of days since Jake was working.

"Are you crazy?! Do you know what time it is?!" She barks "Holding daggers?! I could've spilled Levi'tra's soup!"

I was sick with a small cold and Mo'at was taking care of me, getting up every few hours to feed herbal medicines and prayers.

So of course she is awake around this time, what's not normal is Jake appearing out of the blue ready to kill anyone who even looks at me wrong. He's protective, but not insane.

Not the way he looked tonight.

Jake lets out a breath of relief being scolded by his mother felt......like realty has set in.

"I'm sorry I just..." he replied not wanting to think about the recurring nightmares that's been plaguing his mind.

So he changed the subject,

"Why is the bottom door open? Nobody uses the bottom door other than Norm, and I know it's not him because he's on outpost duty with me"

Most of them fly Ikrans so it was much easier to go in and out through the balcony. It's only Norm who feels impolite to barge into the house without going through the actual front door.

"Because I opened it? I wasn't aware there was an issue with which door I'm allowed to use?" Mo'at retaliated back, feeling like Jake had picked up this weird sense of controlling nature that she wasn't fond of. "What has gotten into you?"

Because if this is how he acts about a simple entry way then how is he treating his wife behind closed doors?

"It's an issue when nobody goes through it and it looks like someone broke in," he justifies, turning his face into a deep scowl. "I thought someone...was..."