38

"Get off!" Jake growls baring his double fangs at Seze but she ignores his warning like they were going through her ear as if he was confessing his undying love to her. She wraps her arms around his waist forcing Jake to leans back too far and falls onto a bed of fresh cut flowers for the festival while also knocking over a few other items as he still struggles to get my annoying cousin off.

"NO FIGHTING!" Mo'at shouts wagging her finger at all of us "THIS IS THE SUMMER SOLSTICE. HOLY GROUNDS! HAVE RESPECT FOR EYWA"

During the summer solstice the Tsahik blesses the entire colony, throwing seeds and singing prayers. I was told it was a folktale to not argue or fight during this day because it will bring famine and bad luck to our tribe. The tradition is so old that it became a fundamental law to not allow any type of disruption.

"Noted" a voice says from behind me and I almost fall over to see it was Tru'it. "Oop. Didn't mean to scare you"

"Wha...what?! What are you doing here?!" I stutter putting distance between us.

"It's the new year couldn't miss our favorite festival" he flirts and i just scoff as he tries to reminisce the past again.

"The summer solstice is a lot of people's favorite holiday" I say folding ny arms.

"Have dinner with me" Tru'it says bluntly and I just glare at him "and before you reject. It's a double date. So you and Jake"

"And?" He smirks at me putting his hands into his pockets.

"SEZE I SWEAR IF YOU..." Jake shouts from the distance away.

"Seze?" I say "you and Seze? You hate her"

"What are you talking about?" Tru'it shrugs his broad shoulders "I love her"

The way he is saying that even bothers me as he walks past gliding past my own shoulders.

"Unless you rather Jake and Seze go on a date by themselves" Tru'it challenges "I don't mind keeping you company"

"You are such an asshole"

————————

And here we all were having dinner at the food halls....Together. Not even allowed to fight, due the holiday. Even our seating was all but simple. We stood refusing to sit to see where each would go. Jake would not sit next to Seze while Tru'it wanted to sit next to me.

The table was square, large enough to fit all of us but too small for everyone's tumultuous attitude.

"Where are you sitting?" Jake asks me

"Yes Levy. Where are you sitting?" Tru'it interjects

"You need to worry about your own date" Jake throws back

"Ah you're right." Tru'it says coiling around Seze's hip. "Where would you like to sit?"

"Anywhere where Jake is sitting, of course" Seze says, placing a hand on Tru'it chest. I just roll my eyes. I don't know what's worse that they both are trying to make us jealous or the fact that they are pining for Jake and I.

Jake caresses my stomach and gives me a look and I could have melted under his gaze. He tilts his head at me and doesn't say anything.

And I let out a sigh as he reaches down to kiss my cheek as if to tell me, don't let this get to you.

I ended up just picking the seat first and plopping down wherever. This causes a chain of events, as both Tru'it and Jake swirl around the seat directly next to me. Tru'it reaches for the chair, only for Jake to slam Tru's forearm on the table.