Before Jake there was only Tru

I always thought about writing an entire spin off about Tru'it and Levy but decided not to. I also had so many DMs asking if I was going to write a TRU Fic but decided it wasn't worth a whole another book 💀 so here's a little snippet I made.

———————————

"Do you regret it?" I ask looking over at him

"Do you regret it?" I ask looking over at him. "If you knew it would've ended like this?"

Tru'it was a shadow, he moved only in the darkness. Under a charming persona, held a lethal man, that only the most powerful individuals feared. He didn't come from royalty, actually he was dirt poor, struggling every step of his life, yet every being, the ones who held an ounce of true power, knew not to make an enemy out of him.

I still remember the day he showed up.

"Your hair? It's..so?"

"Short? Yes. I get that a lot" Tru'it responded as he stands a step in front of Sempul, Metkayina's Olo'eyktan. Or well I guess at the time when Tru'it transferred over to my father he would've stepped down for Tonowari. (Whom now is their current leader) "It's easier to clean" Tru elaborates, and it probably was with the dirty work he did.

"Come now Rolif? I never took you as a looks type of man. I mean your wife is beautiful but Tru'it is much more than a pretty face" Sempul chuckles as Tru'it flashes a closed smile.

He was alluring, I did have to admit as I sat next to my cousin peering down from our inside balcony. They were located in our study, or perhaps a living room is the better word for it.

"He's cute," Seze mumbled, casually kicking her legs up. "You should totally go introduce me," she suggested, nonchalantly turning her shoulders. I scoffed immediately, unable to contain my disbelief. It's funny how we thought we were being so clever, hiding and secretly observing my father's business meetings.

Never realizing, Tru'it, possessed a keen awareness of being under surveillance. It was a necessary skill, considering the heinous acts he was compelled to commit. In a swift motion, he advanced and snatched the knife from Sempul's side, launching it skyward. The blade grazed my cheek, lodging itself into the trunk of a nearby tree.

My heart raced, overwhelmed by a surge of fear.

"Someone's there" Tru informs "Two female"

My father lets out a weary sigh, his gaze shifting upwards to the massive tree branch above us.

"Girls! That's enough!" he shouts, pointing towards our room.

Those words were enough to send us both scurrying away, but not before our eyes met briefly. Tru's eyes were a mesmerizing shade of gold, yet there was a darkness to them, so deep that they almost appeared black. It was as if he lacked pupils entirely, or perhaps his very essence was composed solely of that darkness.