30

"It was always forever for me." He responds back. No stuttering or second guessing his words. "Nothing less"

Jake tugs me over to him, running his hand over my forearm. The way he looks tonight could have brought me to my knees. His entire demeanor had soften including the slight touches that ran across my skin.

"Eloping? How enticing" I say. He drops his head onto mine and in return, I throw my arms around his neck.

Jake turns his head and leans down to kiss my cheek.

"Mhmm. Get tattoos. Get married. Just you and me." He replies, wanting to pick up right where he left off.

His hands slide down right to the middle of my back before wrapping around my waist.

"It's only been a week since we got back together and you are already wanting to tie the knot?" I tease leaning back into his hold.

"Hardly a week. It's been 2 years for me. Going on 3" he corrects.

"You don't have any doubts?"

"Nope" Jake says nonchalantly tilting my head up meet with his lips.

"What if I do?" I whisper back breaking away

"Nothing, I can't fix" Jake replied inches from each other. He always spoke with sureness. "I'm not worried"

"Oh really? Cocky aren't you."

"Uh. Let's just say, this isn't my first rodeo." He chuckles "I picked up some tips and tricks on the way."

"Wow. Should we test that?"

Jake just laughs "Test me? What do I get out of it?"

"Well what do you want?"

He gives me a look, pursing his lips "What do you think I want?"

"Jake you actually want a lot of things. It could be sex, to food, to cuddles" I say naming things over my fingers

"Ok you got me there. I do like those things. But....?"

"You want me to say yes to eloping" I answer and he just nods.

"That's my girl"

"I'll think about it."

"Getting somewhere. So test me. Tell me your doubts"

"Well don't you think we're rushing things?"

"I think I wasted too much time actually." He chuckles "But i don't mind compromising, you know....that's how relationships work."

"Ok what's the compromise to that then"

"You tell me. I told you what I want. Tell me what you want."

"I want to at least be in love with you before"

"Done."

"No. Wait atleast a few more months"

"Done."

"Are you just saying yes to whatever" I tease and he half smile. Holding his index finger out to me. 

"No?" And he starts laughing "Just your demands are easy"

"I change my mind. I'll say yes in 4 years" I retorted back trying to be a bit more difficult.

And he continues to laugh "Ok. Done. That's not an issue"

"7 years"

"Done"

"20 years"

"Well let me think about that...." He says sarcastically "damn, now that's a long time but I think...I think i'm still gonna be ok with those terms"