13 🍋

If you could think of a way to ask for forgiveness, Jake has tried it.

Flowers.

Songs.

Favorite foods.

He's done everything.

Two days and after that all of it would be over. I slump down letting the hot spring water wash all my stress way. The dusk sky was always my favorite time to be alone. But clearly I never get to actually be alone.

"Morning" Jake greets and immediately I try to cover myself

"Jake?!" I shouted being caught off guard "I'm naked!

"It's not like I...haven't seen you naked before so" he hiccups. Jake was drunk. "I knew I'd find you out here" He slumps down on a large tree trunk. Keeping his eyes diverted of me.

"So your plan is to come here and get a peek" I responded

"No..." Jake says "My theory is, she's be less likely to run away from a talk if she's naked so now we're here" he hiccups again "I mean it was either you may sit and talk to me or you were going to gut me but I took my chances" Jake lays his head on the trunk "guess I'm right."

"Careful I might still gut you"

"So cute when you're angry"

"Shut up" I hiss at him drunk Jake is the worst right now.

"So are we going to talk about you wanting to break up with me now?"

"You tried to kiss my cousin and you're asking me a dumb question"

"Hardly dumb. It effects my life and correction, she tried to kiss me." Jake shoots back quickly he props a leg up so his arm can have a resting spot in his knee.

"You still played along so it doesn't matter."

"I never played along. I was on 24 hours no sleep and exhausted. I wasn't thinking straight..."

"So you admit it that you had a lapse of judgment which caused you to cheat"

"I didn't cheat. My love"

"Don't call me that"

"Why? Don't want to think that you're still the love of life?"

"Do you even hear yourself??" I snap around to look at him "you cheated and you think you can just fix it by flirting with me?!"

"No I don't think that. I think it's going to take time and a lot of work but guess what...I have all the time in the world. I rather sit here for the rest of my life and get shit from you than nothing" Jake tells me

I don't respond to him as the sound of the trickling hot water falls from the streams.

"Look I know I'm the last person you wanna see right now but I'm going insane Levy." Jake admits to me and I already hear the frustration in his voice "I would rather you fight me like this everyday than lose you. I'm trying to give you what you ask for." He starts

Jake was drunk. Really drunk.

"But I'm not going to lie, it's harder than it looks." He laughs to himself. "I'm trying really hard to be ok with...." Jake pauses "No fuck it. I miss you really bad. You got me singing dumb ass love songs to pass the time. I let Tsu'tey punch me just to get you to even acknowledge me. I flew to the low forest just to get your favorite things. I wouldn't do any of these things if it wasn't because I actually love you."

"You're drunk talking" I responds turning my back to him and it's like he can sense a crack in my armor. Was it my tone? Did I just give away the fact that I do miss him too?