12

Song: "Love is a bitch" by Two Feet

———-

"Jake!" Seze says surprised at his sudden appearance. His eyebrows furrowed in the dimmed moonlight, annoyed at the fact that he has to even grovel to this woman. "I didn't think you were going to come back"

"You need to talk to your cousin" Jake cuts in as she tries to flirt with him again

"About what? About us?" She implies. As if they had an actual affair in the two weeks he's known her.

"Are you....messing with me?" Jake asks tilting his head to the side.  "because this has to be a joke. I barely say two words to you"

"Well when can you? when Levy is in the way"

Jake rubs his forehead in frustration "Ok I'm not gonna get into this with you. I just need you to talk to my wife and tell her that I didn't do shit"

"You did! You looked at me!"

"How did I look at you?! I would rather go blind then"

"And she is hardly your wife! She won't even pick you, she'll pick Dorin"

"Stop.." Jake says putting his hand up to her as she tries to derail off the subject again "Are you going to tell her or not"

"This isn't my problem. It's not my fault"

It is actually entirely your fucking fault. Jake thinks wanting to explode.

"So what's your goal?" Jake asks leaning on the entrance frame of his bedroom. "Get here, break us up, then go home?"

She could have messed with anyone else but why him? There were plenty of men in Omatikaya.

"The truth is you are mad at me but you did the same."

"You're reaching" Jake says looking down at her

"Please. Aunt Yurka told me." She laughs "From the moment you met them. You sank your teeth into their relationship. You tore them up and you manipulated her for your own selfish gain"

"Selfish gain?" Jake scoffs rolling his honey eyes "You think I manipulated her? That's outstanding. Really. Wow." Jake sarcastically adds on "because if I can fucking manipulate her why can't I manipulate her back into a relationship with me?!"

Even though he's confident Levy loves him, Jake would be lying if that didn't actually hurt or even make sense. Because Seze was right. From the moment they met he knew he had a soft spot for Levy.

Small at most, he never planned on feeding into it. But all it took was one bite for him to crave more. Indulging in those emotional moments and at every turn making sure she was focused on him.

Jake was no better. He knew he was selfish.

But he also doesn't care. So...

"Look I don't have time to waste anymore I need to know " Jake asks again before Seze changes the subject. "Are you going to tell her the truth?"

"You love her so much you go fix it."

Great. This....will be great. he thinks to himself

Seven days.

Jake had seven days to figure out a way to fix it.

Seven days to prove that he wasn't out right cheating on her

Or....

There is no or

I work better under pressure anyways I mean I took on a whole military this can't be that hard  Jake thought to himself