17

Megan

Megan

Normani left in the early hours of the morning for work and Brooke begged her to let her stay with me. Of course, I insisted it would be okay since she would return quickly. I didn't want her to leave but understood fully. She has a quick meeting with her client to go to.

When it comes to Normani, I haven't been lovey-dovey at all because I am still fresh to relearning everything about my life before all of this. She is really only in the room while I am sleeping anyway.

I spoke with Jordyn and my doctors. They all explained I could potentially be discharged within the next two weeks after a few more scans were performed. I've been able to walk from the bed to the bathroom and walk back and forth quite a bit. My fine motor skills with my hands are better and I've been able to eat a little bit. Hospital food just isn't good, but I have a few bites here and there to keep them from worrying.

Lauren got discharged from the hospital last week but I haven't heard from her. Normani told me that Lauren was going to be with her family for a moment until she was able to get over some of the PTSD from the attack.

I won't lie, mentally I think we are both in the same boat. I don't like to talk about what I remember. I keep coming back to the thought of this familiar face that I'm supposed to remember. All I can remember were the eyes which were the only things that were visible. But I remember being knocked out and falling to the ground within a mere few seconds

Brooke has come to visit me and it's helped me be able to regain some of my memories.

Though I can't recall much I'm glad that I spent so much time and care with my daughter.  She is so kind and talented. She showed me her cheer routine and I gave her pointers like I used to. I used to dance, so I often help her keep on time when she needs to do handsprings and flips. When she needs to land on 1, she needs to be on time, not early not late.

Brooke said she wanted to go to the vending machine which is right down the hall, diagonal from my room. I gave her 5 singles and had her get me some Hot Cheetos. She said she wanted some lays and some apple juice. I can see her from my bed so I'm not worried. The door is ajar and I see two women at my door.

One is a light-skinned blonde with some highlights throughout her hair. She is semi-tall and sports something casual while the woman next to her on her arm sports something more business-like, is brown skin, and has black hair that layers her face.

I smile to be polite. I feel like I'm supposed to remember the black-haired woman, but a name doesn't strike my head just yet.

"Hey, Meg!" The light-skinned woman speaks.

"Beyoncé?"

"Oh, gurllll you remember me just right, huh?" She comes over to my side and hugs me. "How has recovery been? You remember Teyana?"

She brought me some get well soon balloons and a card.

"You look good," Teyana said. "You haven't been in any more pain?"