12

Normani

Normani

Megan gives me a kiss. She's going to lunch with Lauren. I'm still working on my case so she offered to take Brooke to Gymnastics practice. I get the house to myself which makes me happy to have the silence for about two hours.

I'll be missing Megan a lot though because we always take the time to work on our paperwork at the same time. We have tea, listen to some light music, and occasionally take breaks to hug each other and rub each other's backs. I love the intimacy of it all especially since we're both so passionate about helping other people. To me, it's a date in and of itself. She will always give me sweet small kisses throughout the two-hour case study and I just can't get enough. I know work shouldn't be enjoyable, but when I'm working alongside my wife I find such happiness in it. Seeing her in her element writing and seeing her serious face that Brooke inherited makes me smile. Brooke furrows her brows and purses her lips every time she raises her hands to start tumbling or performing. It's the cutest thing when I see them gaming together and they're both making the same face as they battle against each other.

I kiss Megan again and cling to her a little. I'm standing in the kitchen, preparing my coffee. She looks at me and caresses the side of my face gently. It makes my chest flutter. I just feel myself blushing just like I used to when I first met her. My beautiful wife.

"Gimme another," I say referring to a kiss.

She laughs and gives me another.

"I love you to death, Mani."

"I love you more," I say.

She crosses her arms and pops her hip to give me a look, "I do."

"No..."

"That's some childish ass shit, why do you always do that?" she smacks her lips.

"Because I love you so damn much, baby. I always gotta top you when you say that all the time."

I huff and roll my eyes.

"Fine, you big baby. you get the last laugh, Mani."

"I love you more."

Megan gives me another kiss but not before grabbing her keys and then starting towards the door.

"I love you!" I shout as she gets going towards the door.

I hate to see her go but I also respect her time. As in love with her as I am. We both deserve personal spacing and I recognize that. I trust her and she trusts me just as much. I tilt my head solemnly as I hear the garage door open. Then I realized Brooke didn't leave yet.

"HOLD ON MAMA!!!" I hear her rushing down the stairs with her duffel bag.

"Bye, Rookie!" I shout out.

"Ny eMommy, did mama pull out of the garage yet?"

"Not yet baby but she did start the car, go on so you don't get left!" I continue. "did you grab your phone?"