5

WARNING FOR SMUT TOWARDS THE END!!!

Megan

I'm in the garage again, annoyed. I'm doing numbers and making calls. I've met up with my men and we've had discussions about how and what to do and when to drop money off. I trust them and they do their jobs very well. They have never slipped up and they very much know not to.

It's been a busy but very rewarding day. I'm cooking tonight and Brooke and Normani have been begging for me to make some pork chops.

However as I am speaking with Kellon, Teyana comes in, disheveled and in a hurry.

"What's goin' on?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why the hell I done got a call?"

I simply nod my head and Kellon walks away. Justin is on the main floor, just watching out as he usually does.

"Shut that damn door," I demand sharply.

She sighs and shakes her head. collecting herself by adjusting her jacket.

We are still cleaning up King's messes. 20-something years later. People that he never paid back are on our asses like flies on shit. Especially with Teyana being his sister When you are related to someone their issues become yours long after they disappear from the scene. Last we heard, he got a condo in Miami and has been living a starkly different life. He isn't in this type of business anymore. Kinda odd but once he got a taste of normal life without jiving and ducking from bullets he just didn't want to give it up. That's his prerogative, but it's fine.

One of the people on his bucket list is Robyn. Musician and business owner. However, she had her humble beginnings in these types of dealings and she dribbled with King. She provided him with weight and in return, he supplied her as well. Those were the types of dealings that took place at that time. Now years later, she's not really in the music scene but she does run makeup. However, as I mentioned before. King is in debt up to his head. She is expecting Teyana and me to become her movers. I just don't know with her being a very powerful figure. I plan to get home to my wife and daughter.

"I just don't know what to do with your dumb ass."

"Why would you promise her that type of money? I have a daughter to put through private school! Bills to pay! What's wrong with you to promise Robyn that sort of payment? " I stand up defensively.

Breathing strongly in and out of my nostrils. I fear them as I try not to erupt in anger and throw these papers everywhere. there is a reason I'm handling the money. Teyana can oftentimes make promises so that we don't appear weak. It just weakens us further. She doesn't understand.

"Ma'am." I overhear but it's on the other side of the door.

I get close to Teyana, almost bucking up as I'm ready to slap her across the face.