3

WARNING: MENTIONS ABOUT MISCARRIAGE Megan

Megan

I'm through kitchen appliance magazines in bed with Normani for the first two hours of the morning. Our blender recently broke after a good 7 years. The warranty is up and we decided to go with something more modern anyway.

Our daughter quickly announces her presence by running and jumping onto the bed.

"Heyyyyyy."

"Hey mama and mommy." She smiles big and I can see why Normani says we look alike.

She has my gummy smile. It makes me grin as well.

"Good morning sweetheart." Normani kisses her on the forehead. "Did you get some good rest?"

She leans into Normani for a hug.

"Yes. And you guys?"

I love how polite she is when she's not making passive-aggressive comments.

"We slept good, Rookie, what about you, egg?"

"Hey!!" She gets mad and I laugh.

Normani grits her teeth at her and she straightens up.

"Ooouuu."

She sees the magazine and points to the most expensive one.

"See? I told you, baby!" I say to Normani.

She was against the expensive one, but I told her it looked way more reliable. Our daughter and I are truly birds of a feather. She shakes her head with a laugh as I give Brooke a kiss on the cheek.

"We are people of taste unlike you, mommy!"

"Tuh!" Normani shakes her head. "I do have taste!"

"That's not what your blouse and shoes said! News flash, no one moved, and no one was gagged."

I laugh recounting how Normani had on a black and white polka dot blouse paired with with blue heels that she wore yesterday.

"Now you've been waiting to throw that one at me, huh? Where did you even learn those phrases?"

Brooke shrugs, "Not my fault you can't dress."

"Aye, that's enough, respect your mama!"

Suddenly Normani winces and grabs her stomach. Brooke cautiously moved.

"Sorry, mommy are you okay? Did I do something?"

"No baby."

I immediately knew what was wrong.

When Normani was pregnant with Brooke it was an easy pregnancy and a normal birth. It was painful, she delivered natural, screamed, cried, our baby was delivered and it was all just normal. However, the recovery for her was tough on her body. I think that the pregnancy with our daughter revealed some hidden issues with her uterus as far as the way it's formed and she will often have bursts of pain that have crippled her before.