10

Megan

Megan

We're all having this little brunch get-together at about 11 a.m.

All of us. Teyana, Beyonce, Lauren, Ryan, and Kehlani, who's new to the group. We're very happy and excited to get together. I did take up Teyana on her offer from yesterday after all. I was hesitant, but I spoke with Normani last night. Maybe we just need outside of hustling time together as friends and family. Maybe we need to interact outside of a tense environment.

Normani was invited, however, she has a legal case to work on, being a lawyer, she has to study the case before meeting with the defendant and client of the case. She does this every time she takes on a new case and this just involves her doing a deep dive taking out a whole bunch of pens and highlighters and just jotting down notes for hours. I didn't want to take her away from her work which is also her passion. She also insisted that I leave her behind so that she wouldn't take me away from time with friends. It's okay in the end because I'll definitely be spending quality time when we get home.

I'm dressed in a tight orange dress that Normani chose for me and some beautiful gold heels. It drapes over one shoulder and it gives me a greek goddess feel because the bottom of the dress is flowy. It's tight around the breast and hip area and it's shorter in the front, and long in the back. I love it, it's perfect. My hair is in my natural fro because broke begged me to keep it this way and I have my gold necklace that has Normani's and Brooke's initials on it and a pearl necklace right under it. My gold bangles adorn my arms and I jingle them on occasion. My makeup is light since I'm going right back home anyway. I feel good and I know I look good.

I'm hoping that we can ease some of it up because it's starting to become very frustrating to me. I find myself wanting to knock her upside the head sometimes and that's just not a good thing at all. It can be dangerous with two boiling pots just bopping and clashing. Especially so in this business. I tell Normani constantly how difficult it can be. It feels like I'm stuck in a horrible cycle.

It's just more saddening considering we've known each other for years. Like how did we get here? We're like sisters... At least we used to be.

We're at a nice mom-and-pop eatery in the LA area, toward the back of the restaurant where the bigger tables are. There are brick walls and some modern artwork on the walls. We already ordered drinks and our brunch meal for 8. There are 6 of us but we all eat for two.

Sausages, french toast, hash browns, frittatas, and eggs are made in 10000 ways.... all of it. I'll be bringing some back for normani, per my baby's request. I'm eager to dig in. We small talk amongst ourselves and I find myself small talking with Bryan. She used to despise me because she thought Normani was crazy for falling in love with me but I eventually saw that she was just being protective of her friend. She didn't want to wish any bad but she just didn't want Normani to be hurt after she just dealt with King. She is Brooke's other godmother and Brooke adores her. She is also a part-time coach at Brooke's gym. She and Normani are always having girls' nights out that I've joined in on too. She's a great person. although I do feel regretful of how our friendship started out. Once the case was done, We all had a proper dinner and decided to get to know each other, no lies.